Develop an online store for collectibles, figurines and specialty toys. There are several categories by which the products need to be grouped and displayed by: manufacturer, franchise, character, etc. This is in order to facilitate navigation and discoveries in the page.
We also need to provide two alternative front pages for the store as well as two check-outs. These are to be served randomly (or round robin) so that statistics about navigation, addition to cart and ultimate sales can be studied in order to find out the most efficient option and allow continous improvement and testing.
Mock-ups have been built but we can't share them openly due to the sensitiveness of the project.
Some more information:
- Magento 2.x CE will be used in case bidder selects Magento.
- General design will be provided by us in the form of CSS, sample images, etc.
- Certain product launches or offers need to have a countdown timer displayed either at the home page or at the category landing page (see below). Consideration for the timer is advised.
- Categories for listing and grouping are initially the ones listed (manufacturer, franchise, character) but we need to allow for growth eventually (age compatibility, material, size, etc).
- Categories must allow a custom landing page. For example, a certain manufacturer can have a custom landing page with all their products. The same goes for a franchise that groups all products from all manufacturers for that specific "family" or for a character regardless of manufacturer. Said pages must be customizable (carrousel at the top, etc)
- Shortlisted bidders will be e-mailed mock-ups on friday and answers to their questions will be posted publicly so bids can be adjusted.
- Since the final product will be in Spanish, speaking the language is a nice-to-have although not a must.
More information on 13/7:
- Security will need to be enforced through SSL (certificate to be provided).
- Responsive layouts are a must.