We are a training company in Australia that delivers online distance education across Australia and Asia to students in workplaces. We have hundreds of courses in our Moodle with the assessments in all those courses marked by a small group of dedicated markers. Currently, we must go into each course and assessment to allocate marking one at a time. Also the process of downloading and archiving the submissions involves doing this one file at a time.
We need to streamline this process by creating a Moodle block that is a central place to bulk allocate marking to markers, download zipped assessment files and release marked assessments to users.
• To provide a central list of all submitted assignments from all courses in the site.
• To allow for download zipped archive of submitted files and viewing of submission text for submitted assignments for each submission
• To allow bulk allocation of marking to a marker
• To allow re-allocation of marking to a different marker
• To view the status of allocated marking
• To list completed marking awaiting review by marking manager
• To allow bulk release of marking to students by marking manager
• To use Moodle APIs to achieve allocation and release of marking
• To write data to a dedicated marking_log table