The UI is all completed already in HTML5/CSS3 static HTML files - they just need functionality added on. The development of the social networking platform should be written using jQuery, PHP and MySQL in Laravel (with an API built).
The developer awarded the project will be given FTP login access and cPanel access. All the pages should be secure from any SQL injections and should be secure from spam. Cross-browser testing should also be carried out and the application form must be fully compatible with IE9+, Chrome, Safari and Firefox. The website should also be compatible with popular smartphone and tablet browsers. Further down the line we will be looking to develop a smartphone application too, with push notification capabilities so an API is essential. As such, the development stack must be both adaptable and solidly built with wide-ranging capabilities and support. There should be a single database approach with relative tables and foreign keys to ensure maximum speed on the website, even with thousands of users on the website.
The functionality of the website includes, but isn't limited to, the following:
- An administration panel built in Metronic (to approve/decline members, approve/decline photos, review existing members, view statistics of the website, create events and view RSVPs)
- Profile pages with photo uploads, automated cropping, logging of profile views
- Email notifications for various actions (new private messages, profile views, etc.)
- Advanced search capabilities including multiple search filters, keywords, etc.
- Smart profile matching using data from profiles to make recommendations (location matches, keyword matches on profiles, events attended, etc.)
- Private message threads
- Events pages with RSVP functionality
- The ability to terminate an account, reset passwords, etc.
- Smart trigger emails (eg. after 24 hours if a user has created an account but not finished it)
We also need an API feed built so that an iOS app can be developed further down the line.