The Application Client is a piece of software could be in Java and C/C++ that resides on the ATM terminal on Windows/Linux/Android Based Platform that allows two way data exchange and interaction i.e. It can intercept ATM/POS/TELLER events and broadcast them to the server. And it can also receive commends from server and execute them on ATM/POS/TELLER.
Some of the benefits of this two-way communication approach are following:
• Changes that occur in the state of the terminal can be monitored
• ATM files like Electronic Journal files etc. can be monitored
• APP Client can broadcast the messages that are received from the terminal peripherals in real time
• Client can perform remotely executed commands (restart, device reset etc.) on the terminal.
• ATM’s hardware and software can be monitored • On-demand information from the ATM/POS/TELLER can be obtained Features and Benefits of Client Application
• Expanded monitoring horizon: Client Application provides incremental value to businesses by providing the information that expands the overall monitoring horizon of the ATM/POS/TELLER network.
• Real-time Visibility: Client Application provides pro-active, real-time, and event-driven information. The server processes the information and provides alerts and dashboards.
• Security: Given the highly sensitive nature of ATM/POS/TELLER operations, encryption (and compression) of all communication between the agent and the server software is put into place.
• Minimal Impact: The ATM/POS/TELLER application running at the terminal is not affected by Client Application as its overhead is minimal in terms of the usage of system resources and network bandwidth.
• Auto Update: Client Application can automatically update itself by downloading the latest patches of individual components from the server.
• Should be PCI Compliant,
• Disaster Recovery: In case of disaster, the Client Application can switch to the secondary Application Server for continued communication. All the agents in the entire network can be switched together in case of disaster to a secondary server.
• Multiple Operating System Support: The Client Application is supported on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Linux and also Android OS (the XFS monitoring feature is not as-is available on Linux operating system due to its windows dependent design).
• ATM/POS/TELLER Monitoring Using XFS Standards Overview The Client Application uses CEN/XFS open standard promoted by the CEN, and pioneered by Microsoft and major ATM/POS/TELLER vendors, to capture the events published by ATM/POS/TELLER application.
This allows ATM/POS/TELLER vendor-independent monitoring.
[login to view URL]
Features and Benefits
• Supports both event-based and polling based mechanisms for XFS monitoring of devices
• Supports configuration based registration for event listening on a device class level and on a device instance level
• Supports changing the polling frequency for device status
• Supports enabling/disabling of complete XFS monitoring for any device class or device in-stance
• Supports configuration based/rule based event burst suppression
• Supports configuration/rule based event filtering
• Supports the ability to reset or run self-diagnostics on any XFS compliant device
• Enables querying the status of any XFS device
• Enables querying the capabilities of any XFS device
• Enables querying counters from any XFS devices that pertain to counts like CDM, PTR, and CIM XFS Architecture The following figure illustrates architecture of the Extensions for Financial Services (XFS) system. XFS Architecture