We have some changes for a Wordpress site we are working on. This site is primarily a product database based on WooCommerce (sales functions are disabled).
We need some customizations to existing WooCommerce pieces and the addition of a new section for our WooCommerce catalog to allow downloading files. The large part of this project is #6 below. Please review that one in detail. The overall requirements of the project are outlined below:
1. Fix plugin 'Woo Tabs Pro' so that content entered in the field 'Editor Display for all Product' becomes the default for that field. Specifically we want the tab '
Specifications' to pre-populate with an empty table so that user can fill it out instead of build it from scratch for each product. Please see the attached file '[url removed, login to view]' this is what should appear in the editor box for 'specifications' whenever creating a new product.
2. Style Specification tab top border: [url removed, login to view]
- On each table there is no border on the top of the table (see screen shot 'top-border'). Add border to top of all tables in this section.
3. Stylize product display list: example: [url removed, login to view]
- Listing to appear more like this: [url removed, login to view]
- Text a little smaller
- Short description should appear on the left, the 'Additional Info > Bullets' should appear on the right as bullet points, not as a single string
4. Stylize Product Details page: example: [url removed, login to view]
- Under the short description remove the 'Category' text. Use CSS 'display:none' in case we want to add this back later.
5. Style Related Products on product details page. Ex: [url removed, login to view]
- More like this page: [url removed, login to view]
- Show the product image, name and link (don't show actual link, but name will link to product).
- Products listed in columns, not one per row.
6. Add a new post type called 'Drivers, Firmware, Software'
- This post type will function on its own as seen on this page: [url removed, login to view]
- This post type will also be linked to the individual products as seen on the bottom of the downloads tab here: [url removed, login to view]
- Create the new post type 'Drivers, Firmware, Software'
- In addition to normal post fields (publish date, draft, etc.) have the following fields:
title: text field
revision: text field
Description: text area with WISIWYG
downloads: a section where the user can upload one or more files to be downloaded. Should have the ability to remove existing uploads and add new uploads. Can contain multiple uploads, not just one.
Specifications: text area with WISIWYG
Version Upgrade History: text area with WISIWYG
Contact Information: text area with WISIWYG
Categories: Categories will be the same as those available in the product list
Those fields will appear on the post page like this example: [url removed, login to view]
7. On the 'Drivers, Firmware, Software' page: [url removed, login to view]
- Add a pge similar to this one: [url removed, login to view]
- It's a list of all available posts from that category with search box at the top.
- The list will be sorted into categories based on product categories.
8. In admin section when adding/editing products add a new tab 'Drivers, Firmware, Software'
- This will be similar to the 'Options' tab where users can select from a list of available 'Drivers, Firmware, Software' that will be associated with this product.
9. In Front-end add a new tab called ''Drivers, Firmware, Software''
- This will be similar to the 'Downloads' tab. Clicking an item will not go to the file download, but go to the post page for that item