This is a very simple project that shouldn't take someone who knows wordpress very long to complete, if it takes you more than 1 hour then you may not have the necessary wordpress skills for this project. I will consider you bid to be your hourly rate for future projects. I am always looking for sites to be built and I am hoping to find a coder to work with my company on a monthly basis.
You should consider this project as a practical interview; if things work out there will be bigger projects down the line.
I have 10 sites to build and so I will be choosing the ten best coders to do this project. Of course in the future I would prefer to only have to use one. Please note that your bid here is to complete one site, not for 10.
Details of the site's subject matter, url details etc. Will be provided to you after the project is accepted.
You will develop the site on your own server and when I am happy with how it looks you will be installing it on my server.
Each category should contain at least 200 products (the plugin does most of this work so this is not actually very time consuming, you will see this when you start using the plugin.)
**You need to pull RSS feeds to the following pages (using the following titles):**
* News [This should be a news feed relevant to the site]
* Video [This should be a video feed (youtube, vimeo, google) relevant to the site]
**The project consists of five basic parts:**
- Installing a wordpress theme [plus change psd file text for site logo] (which i will provide)
- Using the ReviewAzon Plugin (which I will provide) to populate the site with products. The site should have at least 15 relevant categories and “parent and child setup should be utilized?? [i.e. I do not want or expect 15 top level categories, they need to be organized into sub-categories and sub-sub-categories as deep as you wish] ??" If it is relevant to have more than 15 categories then that is all right.
- Using the caffeinated content plugin (which I will provide), populate the site with content, with sensible use of categories to ensure easy and natural navigation.
- Use your initiative to place relevant widgets on the site, the plugins, again will make this a 2-minute job
The final site should look similar to this: [[url removed, login to view]]
Most of the work is done for you by these plugins, which I will include in the attachments and include the manuals so that you. Please make sure you are very experienced with WordPress and its plugins before making a bid or contacting me in any way. If you do not follow the instructions below then we cannot work together, sorry.
If you want to be considered for this project make sure you answer these six questions (make sure your answers are numbered - anyone who does not answer the interview questions will be ignored):
1. How long have you worked with Wordpress?
2. Do you often get ill during projects or do you currently have any relatives who are sick?
3. Have you ever used ReviewAzon or Caffeinated Content before?
4. Do you consider yourself a quick learner?
5. Are you prepared to use your initiative without too much prompting from myself, once you have all the details?
6. Have you used these plugins before or are very quick at learning to use simple WordPress plugins? (I will NOT provide support on how to use these so please don’t ask)
Plugins etc. will only be provided to the selected worker.
Once you have finished the site inform me so I can give you the permissions to install the site on my servers.
User installation: The worker will move the software from the place it was created (which is called the development or QC environment) to where you will use it (which is called the production environment). The installer then tests the software to make sure that the installation was done properly and completely.
I really look forward to hearing from you all and hopefully starting a great business relationship. I respond to messages in a timely manner and I always release payment for correct work on time, I respect the poeple I work with and all I ask in return is to be shown equal respect.