I am looking for someone to help upgrade and clean up my website: www.personalscriptures.com. I have had the work done by someone else and you will be able to have all the access that you need (FTP, SQL, etc) as I am still working with the original programmer for hosting services.
I am looking for someone, preferably someone with an LDS (mormon - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) background to help with this website that formats personal blessings so that they fit easily within scriptures. Much of the work has already been done but my first programmer ran out of time to finish it properly.
A website user will type (or copy and paste) the information from their personal blessing into the site and then choose the format and size that they want this blessing formatted into. They need to be able to preview and edit all the way up to the last moment when they pay for and print their blessing. The blessing will not be stored, so once they close the session it will be gone. If you choose to take on this project, we can clarify more details for you.
If you look at the site you will understand that it is not clear or easy to operate. I need to have the following fixed.
1. Make numbered paragraphs with 2 equal size columns (rather than just 1) on last page, with a solid line down the center.
2. Front page needs to have detailed order of procedure possible illustrations
3. The info heading across the top with keyword prompts
4. The whole blessing needs to be correctable, changeable until it is downloaded for printing.
5. The choice of sizes needs to be up front to be chosen or changed in needed size listed: mini-quad 3 5/8 inch by5 3/8 inch; regular - 4 7/8 by 6 1 /8 inches; the large size is ....9 X 6 The extra large in 10 1/2 X 8 the pocket BofM is 4 3/4 X 3 1/4
6. It would be nice to have the outside corners outlined and rounded at the page corners
7. The cost needs to be posted upfront and the ability to pay for more than one order (more than one formatting at the same time)
8. The documents longer than 1 page, the center line needs to line up so it can be printed double sided
9. The final page needs to be printed in two evenly spaced columns, with the bottom of the page left blank
10. Payment with pay pal or credit card
11. The site needs to tell customers that the info is not stored and is not retrievable after they log out. It will remain available until the log out or download. They will be printing their blessing no one from the web site will see it, or type it and mail it
12. Place for comments from customers
13. Step by step with illustration from typing, previewing, priting, cutting and attaching by running center page over a glue stick and then inserting between two pages. Then payment. If possible an animation of the process would be nice
Bug List / ideas (this needs to be sorted)
• One thing I would recommend is that you put the numbers and the instructions at the top of he boxes, rather than underneath them
• Change photos to liahona on the formatter page, and the about us. lamp ( Herodian) on the FAQ the glass lamp on the example
• How about a skip button to skip the first step if people want to not fill in the form
• indent verses with a couple of spaces
• I went through a created my blessing and then after looking at the PDF realized there were some typos in it. I tried to go back to the first screen, changed some data such as the stake name and then went forward to the blessing text and the text was gone. it should be stored within the session so that I can edit it.
• Also, I would recommend a simple spell checker as one of the tools
to check if everything is ready to pay and print.
• dimensions stating exactly what each size means for the scripture size would be very helpful. I picked LARGE and it is the wrong size. It would probably be good to measure the actual page height within your scriptures to know which size you have. Width is not going to matter much as it will beproportional to the size. Make sure it is the page height, not the cover height (which is difficult to accurately measure as it could be rounded or folded under)
• cut lines on ALL pages, not just the first one
• put a line or half line or line break between verses
• make the columns end evenly on the final page
• add an option for footnotes at the bottom of each page. This will make it look even more like a page from the scriptures.
• Choose not to fill in the header information.
• Double spacing for notes and marking
• "put your blessing in your scriptures"
• Make "number of verses" more noticeable
• Suggest people type in their blessing before hand and then copy and paste.
• Read it, or have someone read it and record the reading, then you can listen to your blessing on your iPod.
24 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 563 $ tähän työhön
Hello, I have gone through the site and requirement details given by you, I am interested to work in this project. Looking forward to hear from you. Regards, Paayal