We have a small online retail shop selling computer hardware and consumer electronics and we would like to integrate our website with the distributors as well as add a lot of functionality to our website. This is a large project, but I will try to focus on the most important details and give more details as need be.
We use osCommerce for our website. We use Dathorn for hosting.
Experience with osCommerce is a MUST.
You must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Currently we only have one distributor which uses XML based integration. The list below is the changes we would like to make to the website in order of importance. Please give a quote for each separate module, or the project as a whole. Many of these different parts require one another to work correctly and the website as a whole will not work until every part works seamlessly.
If there are any osCommerce modules that currently exist that would fit the needs of any of these, I will pay for the integration into my current store. I would rather have a tested, well working product with multiple versions for stability.
1) Distributor Integration – We need a number of things to happen with our distributor automatically. This includes, but not limited to:
• Inventory/price check on all products once per day – This is to make sure that all none of the products have gone out of stock over the course of the previous day and that prices have not changed. If the items are backordered or out of stock, this should be reflected on our product webpage and the “add to cart” button should be grayed out.
• Inventory/price check on each product when added to cart – This is to make sure at the time of ordering that the product is in stock and has not run out since the initial check that day. This happens often for the more popular products.
• Freight quote when order is about to be placed (sample code available) – Information about the order is sent to the distributor (shipping destination, order weight, etc) and then the distributor returns a quote for shipping that item. Our distributor also has multiple warehouses, if the item in question is in stock in multiple locations, the freight quote module should query all warehouses and choose the lowest cost option.
• Automatic Order placement – The order first needs to go through fraud detection (see below) and if it passes, or reaches a certain threat threshold, the order can be placed automatically. If not, then the order is put on hold and one of the staff is notified and further verification must happen before the order can be submitted.
o When an order is placed on “hold” a separate page inside of osCommerce for “orders on hold” should be created with all the order information, with a button to either “approve order”, in which the order should be approved and then follows the same process as the other approved orders. Another button for “deny order” should be added to deny an order. If an order is denied, an email should be sent to the customer saying that their order was denied and must call customer service to resubmit the order. After that the database should be updated accordingly
2) Fraud Detection – We currently use [url removed, login to view] as our credit card processor, but we feel that their anti-fraud services are inadequate. We would like to integrate with one of a number of different anti-fraud sites, send them order information via XML, and they send back a risk assessment rating. We need a control to specify which orders will be processed automatically and which orders need further verification. Possible solutions would be to partner with an anti-fraud site, or integrate a module like this one: [url removed, login to view];f=7&t=94275
Other possible anti-fraud partners include:
• [url removed, login to view]
• [url removed, login to view]
• [url removed, login to view]
3) Products – Our product prices and product database is out of date. We had an old system that no longer works, but we can provide the code so you can see how this process was done before. We were in development of a product that was integrating with a piece of software called “Screen Scraper” (see [url removed, login to view] for more information) to essentially “scrape” every product page from our distributor’s website and fill our database with product information. The project was near completion but our coder ended up taking another position. We would like a products update to happen every week or every month. I will provide the code for this, which was written in PHP as soon as we establish terms.
4) Returns – Returns are currently not reflected in the database.
• We need to add a customer facing page for an RMA request where customers can access their account and select RMA, they then select their order and the specific product they would like to return or replace and then request a return or replacement.
• We would also like to add an admin page for returns, displaying their status, the amount, and an “approve” or “deny” button for each return.
• Some products are non-refundable, and sometimes we require a 15% restocking fee, and sometimes we require the customer to pay for shipping. This all depends on the item that was bought and how long it has been since the purchase date.
• The return information for each specific product must be catalogued in the process above.
• Database needs to be updated for how much the customer was refunded, if the product was returned, how much the refund was for, etc.
5) Pay Per Click Advertising – We would like to submit daily product feeds to a number of different affiliate pay per click advertising websites including [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], and also Google Base.
6) Sales Tax – Sales tax is not correctly calculated. Each state, district, region down to the city has their specific tax rates. We need to be able to charge the correct tax amount to different customers, and at the end of each quarter create a tax report for sales tax filing.
7) PayPal Integration – Orders paid with PayPal are not returning order status correctly, or they are not being updated in our database properly. We need to figure out what the problem is and fix it.
8) Website Fixes – Add a “flag this product for errors” for each product page so that that errors on product pages can be fixed manually.
9) Security – I am not very familiar with security, but I am open to suggestions. I have considered getting an SSL certificate through websites like Verisign, but I have no idea how this would help with protecting customer and company information. Any insight is appreciated.
I know this is brief and probably has many holes. This is my second project post, and I have tried to answer as many questions as possible. If you have more please PM me right away and I will answer as many as possible.
44 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Please have a look at our profile ( to know why We're best for your project ) and reviews ( to know what our performance is ). I think it'll help you a lot to choose the winning bidder. Thanks, Tonmay