Hi all, I'm adapting Magento's free CE ecommerce platform to build something like [url removed, login to view], but with less functionalities.
To populate the default database of the new ecommerce site, I have an XML catalog of products (~2Gb) with product descriptions and etc. The catalog is updated every day and is located on an ftp server.
1. The job would be to write a script to access the XML file either online through ftp or offline and convert this XML database file into SQL so to populate Magento's database which has a default schema.
2. Run a few sample tests of the script to populate the database and to show/update the status of the conversion so I can check whether it's what I need or not.
3. Pass the script to me and write step by step instructions on how to use so I can do the conversion myself when I need to.
1. Field names in the XML catalog are in German language. The conversion script(s) has to automatically translate product description from German to Russian, using some open API like Google translate or etc. The translation quality has not to be perfect, since it will be further improved later.
2. There is NO sorting of the products by category. Sorting must be done during the conversion.
The sample file is attached. I can provide field descriptions of the XML file as well later.