we have a wordpress website and want a plugin that manages a second database (not just an extra table on the WP database) for user registrations.
main features of plugin:
1) registrations are for the public. any individual can register and log in on the site with username and password. the idea is that people can register and list as many items as they wish as valuables (think jewelry, cars, electronics etc) and add pictures and serial numbers for each item.
profile must capture some custom fields. each profile must be able to store unlimited valuables linked to that profile.
2) These items can then be flagged as stolen in the event of theft. when you flag the item as stolen, you are required to enter a police case number from the police office where the theft was reported. failure to add a case number and the name of the police office where you reported the crime, will fail to flag the item as stolen. thus, the case number and details of the police station and the officer who took your statement is a requirement to flag any item as stolen.
3) when users log in, they must never see the wordpress dashboard. an alternative interface with a different CSS scheme that blends with the wordpress theme currently in use must be utilized
4) the public must be able to search for valuables according to serial number. the purpose is that the user, before buying second hand goods, can check if it is stolen. if they have the serial number, they search for it. if it is found in the database, the results must be shown to the user. it is assumed that different goods may potentially share the same serial number, and the software must allow this. search results must therefore show all items that match the serial number searched. it must also show whether the item was reported (flagged) as stolen or not, and the user must be able to see the picture of the item.
5) Police station must also be able to register as users, but they will be a different type of user than the general public and we will define different fields to capture for their registration. Currently, we want to be able to add Police stations as users, but they must not be able to register themself - they must contact the site administrator (me) with details to prevent malicious registrations. we want to be able to verify whether the police stations are real for security reasons. police stations will NOT be able to list valuable items like the general public users.
6) all users (public users or police stations) must be logged in before they can search for stolen items. all searches must be logged in a table which will serve as an audit trail of who is searching for stolen goods. the audit trail must only keep a history of searches up to a maximum number of days. entries older than the amount of days specified in the config must be cleared so that the database doesn't become too large.
1) the plugin must have a settings/configuration area in the wordpress dashboard (for administrators only)
2) we want to be able to specify the name of the database to connect to and the password to use. we will create the database and the password ourselves from our management interface.
3) we want to be able to specify which fields are captured for (1) user registrations; and (2) police stations. we want to be able to flag which fields are required and which are not required. We don't want a fixed amount of custom fields, but we want to be able to add certain fields or take some fields away over time, depending on how the project evolves. we must be able to specify what type of data field (for instance, a text field for first and last name, a date field for the user's birth date, a picture field for an uploadable picture of the user's face etc etc. For police stations they will upload a logo for the police station.
4) we want to be able to specify how many valuables each general public user profile can store (0 for unlimited, or a specified number)
19 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 5161 R tähän työhön
Hi We are interested in your project and read your requirements.We have completed 150+ big projects in last 5 years. Please check private message board for details.
Certified IT Professionals with 10+ years of experience in delivering enterprise class web solutions, intranets, portals and business workflow solutions to clients worldwide. Ready to get started.
I have posted my detailed proposal for this project and our updated portfolio for consideration. Please check your inbox. Thanks, Stratos Nikolaidis