I am reposting this bid because my previous coder was unable to continue work due to personal constraints. Please ask as many detailed questions regarding as you like and I will answer all of them fully as quickly as possible.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK THAT THIS PROJECT REQUIRES MORE THAN 30 DAYS. WE CAN DISCUSS AN EXTENSION.
We would like to create a site which is similar to RAC and eBay but for buyers of construction services to invite bids (in an inverse auction) from providers of construction services. We traditionally carry out such auctions as part of a managed negotiation process. However we feel that this process can be automated. Our clients can then set up accounts and we can be removed from the process as much as possible.
Bidsite is less integrated than RAC because it acts merely to introduce buyers and sellers and to host auctions. Payments are arranged between buyers and sellers by themselves. Therefore, no monetary user accounts are integrated with each buyer or seller’s profile and no arbitration facility is required. However, we would like to make it easy for international sellers to be paid and would welcome suggestions on this.
There will be many decisions that we will need to discuss as we come to them, however this will not be an iterative project which keeps changing once decisions have been made. There is only one decision maker on my side and therefore there will be no dithering in terms of the project description.
The main means of communication will be over the phone, so we are looking for a coder who has either a phone line or Skype set up.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Feb 10, 2006 1:13:51 PM:
Many thanks for bidding on this project. We have had a very strong response to this bid request so far and many good questions about the details of the job.
To make the project simpler we will be using [url removed, login to view] as the base.
Two further important points:
1) There will be no online payment facilities (making this a simpler build)
2) We will provide a faxed or scanned mark up for each page of the site (minimising an iterations in the design)
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Feb 10, 2006 3:51:51 PM:
In order to keep costs down, we will be developing a front end independently. Therefore, all we need for this job is the back end with an ultra-basic front-end for testing purposes.
Please factor this into your bids.
Many thanks and best of luck with the bidding.
Windows XP and all common browsers for other operating systems