The program is by its nature a registry scanner and registry repair program. It is required that the program perform this core function in accordance with other high quality recognized applications of this nature. (Registry Repair, Registry Mechanic, Registry Doctor, etc.)
* Delete Empty Registry Keys
* Checks for Invalid Class Keys
* Checks Shell Extensions ??" Checks validity of Shell Extensions in the registry.
* Check for Invalid Help files
* Checks for Invalid CLSID/TypeLib/Interface Entries
* Checks for Invalid Shared/known DLLs
* Checks COM/Activex
* Checks Sound and Appevents ??" Check application events associated with sound.
* Checks Invalid File/Paths
* Checks Application Paths keys/Orphan References
* Checks Invalid Fonts
* Checks Invalid File Types /Extensions/Entries ??" (File Associations)
* Check Windows Startup Items
* The programs should be able to search throughout the hierchy of the entire registry keys to its lowest levels and validate each entry.
* The Program will allow the user to select certain regions of the registry to scan without being required to do a full scan.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows Vista (Beta 2 or current latest beta)