Point Of Sales Systems:
Need to build a point of sales systems for multiple stores for a distribution firm in North America.
Stores are located throughout the country.
Point of sales system should take care of day-to-day operations of the individual stores. (Cash register, Physical Inventory, etc.) Plus, it has to interface and integrate with
the corporate ERP systems such as JDEdwards, SAP , PeopleSoft etc. Proper interfaces should be built for the system. Accounting, inventory, replenishment, pricing and cost updates should be maintained. EDI interfaces could be an additional welcome.
If you don't know anything about ,Please research online about POS systems before contacting me. Provide me the features you can provide with a price & time line.
You need to recommend the technology as well. We are open at this point. We want to lean towards .NET, MICROSOFT SIDE though.
Also, since the stores are all over the place, we need to come up with the strategy of connecting the stores to the centralized server and keep up the speed.
To be considered,
1. Need a list of features
2. Quote for the features (Combined where necessary and individual)
3. Time line (A crucial component)
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE POS OR RETAIL PROJECTS BEFORE. A PROPER DEMO OF PRIOR WORK IS " THE MUST" FOR CONSIDERATION. PLEASE SPECIFY THE AMOUNT YOU WILL BE BIDDING. DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF REPLIES WE GET, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH EVERYONE. ALSO, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PRESENT A PROJECT PLAN AND TIME LINE.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
VB, .NET, sql server
JAVA (not the first choice)