Our company owns patents and copyrights on software that measures bone density loss from the examination of DICOM files (images) produced on CT machines. The core software -- which measures bone density loss from an image of a single vertebrae -- was developed almost 15 years ago and has had few changes or enhancements since then.
This project is a major reworking of the software and its operating environment. Our current project is in three phases,:
1. _Phase One_: We need to convert the existing DOS platform to a Windows platform;
2. _Phase Two_: We would like to measure bone density loss using an image of the hip rather than the vertebrae, and this will require a re-write of some of the existing program; and
3. _Phase Three_: We intend to offer "bone density loss analysis" on a service bureau basis so that owners of CT machines can capture the appropriate image and email the DICOM file to us (file size is less than 100K bytes). This application would be used by owners of CT machines with a need to perform only a few procedures each week, and who could not justify the purchase of the software or a full on-site license. Having received the DICOM file, we will then perform the analysis and email the resulting report back to the customer. At the same time, we need to track the payment or invoice and update our data files (patient, customer, demographic). We expect this application to use an ecommerce Web-enabled model, where customers access our web site to initiate the transaction, which front-ends all activity. We would like the highest possible level of automation in this transaction stream so that the processing of this information required the least amount of operator intervention.
At this stage, we are seeking qualified programmers with experience in all three areas.
We understand that we have not given you enough information on which to place a firm bid. However, if you are qualified to perform this work, please respond to us, and we will send you detailed specifications (both technical and business specifications) within the next 48 hours. We expect that these specifications will enable you to give us a bid on one, two or all three of the phases for this project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).