Savin’ Cleveland: Website Summary & Development Overview
Site visitor can view all business/advertiser pages for free. They can use Category links at the bottom of the front page and category front pages to facilitate navigation among business categories.
Site visitor will be able to click on “New Entries” and “Most Popular Sites” links on the front page and the category front pages (links on the category front pages will be relevant to that category only).
Site visitor will see pictures of “most recently added” businesses/advertisers in the top row of images on the front page and the category front pages. This row of images will automatically scroll to the right. Arrows at right and left of image row, when clicked on, will advance the images to the left or right. 5 images in this row, and images repeat after the 5th image. If there are not at least 5 images in this row, vacant image areas should read: “Recently added Business goes here.”
Site visitor will see pictures of “most viewed” businesses/advertisers in the second (bottom) row of images on the front page and the category front pages. 3 images in this row, and 3 out of 6 total images will be randomly selected to fade in and fade out in the 3 image areas (over time, all 6 images will be displayed). Transitions (fading in and out) will occur every 20 seconds. If there are not at least 3 images in this row, vacant image areas should read: “Most viewed Business goes here.”
Site visitor will be able to view the local Cleveland area weather forecast via an image displayed on the front page and category front pages. Weather image will be stripped from a local weather web site (i.e., Channel 5 news).
Site visitor can use the search tool at the top of the template pages to narrow down their search of businesses by Zip Code, Category, and Keyword search. Search results will display links to relevant advertiser/business pages within savincleveland.com.
Site visitor can fill out publicly accessible form. Text link to form will be directly beneath search tool at top of template pages. Form will allow visitor to opt in to mailing list – which will be used by site administrator to send targeted coupons and savings via email to visitor. Form will ask for visitor’s name, e-mail address, Home ZIP code, Work Zip Code, Birthday, and Categories of Businesses he/she is interested in receiving coupons for (selection of multiple business categories allowed). Form will be protected by CAPTCHA image to prevent spam.
Site visitor will be able to view additional advertisements on front page and category front pages – ads that are independent of site member/business page ads. On the front page, the ads will appear as two columns of vertical ads on the far left and right side of the page as well as a single ad where the header image is. The category front pages will have identical ad placement (compared to the front page) except that there will be no ad where the header image is.
Site visitor will be able to sign up and pay for these additional ads that are placed only on the front page and category front pages. A link/button placed somewhere (near the top?) of the front page and category front pages will forward the site visitor to a series of forms that will accept information from the advertiser, including:
2. E-mail Address
4. Street Address
5. Ad type/size (they can choose from some preset sizes)
6. Duration of ad placement
7. Ad image upload (must be a fixed size according to ad type)
8. URL that a person is forwarded to when they click on the ad
After entering this information, person will be prompted to make a one time payment for the ad placement via PayPal. Following the PayPal transaction, the person will be returned to [url removed, login to view] and see a page that tells them that their payment was received and that their ad will appear in the rotation pending the site administrator’s approval. Advertiser will receive e-mailed receipt, and site administrator will be sent an e-mail telling him that a new ad has been purchased and can be inserted into the ad rotation pending his approval (ad approval is completed via a separate admin interface).
Site visitor can rate individual businesses/advertisers at the bottom of those business’s pages. There will be a publicly accessible form there that visitor can use to enter his/her name/alias, comments, and rating (using a 5-star scale). Form will have a CAPTCHA image or use some kind of spam prevention. When the visitor submits the form, their rating appears at the top of the list of ratings, also at the bottom of this page, but above the submitted form. Ratings will be paginated so that you can only see the 5 most recent ratings at one time, and you can go to subsequent pages to see older ratings.
Above the paginated list of ratings will be the business’s “overall” or “combined” rating (depicted visually out of 5 stars).
Site visitor can click on individual coupons on business pages. Coupons will automatically scroll to the right. Arrows at right and left of coupons row, when clicked on, will advance the coupons to the left or right. Up to 6 coupons in this row, and coupons repeat after the last coupon. Clicking a coupon will open a new window with a full size, printable version of the coupon. Possibly add a print button/link.
Beneath coupons, site visitor can view 3 to 6 pictures chosen by the business. Pictures will fade in and out, alternating among pictures, like on the front page and category front pages.
Site visitor can click on map thumbnail image on business pages to open a new window with a larger, printable version of the map.
Site visitor will be able to play video on business pages (provided by business). If a business doesn’t provide a video, then the site visitor will be able to play the default video provided by site administrator.
Site visitor will be able to click on generic thumbnail image (image is the same for all business pages) that has the following text overlaid on top of it: “Price Sheet”. When the image is clicked, the site visitor will be prompted to download a file (the business’s price sheet). If the business doesn’t provide a price sheet, then the thumbnail image will be omitted.
Site member (in this case, the business/advertiser) can sign up for free to have their own page on the website. Clicking on “Create Account” button/link at top of any page on site will take person to sign-up form. Form will ask for the following information:
1) Company Name
2) First and last name (contact name)
9) E-mail address
11) Fax (optional)
After submitting this form, the person will be forwarded to a second form that will ask him/her to add content to their business page. The following categories of content will be requested:
1) Upload one video (optional)
2) Upload the price sheet/list of services and/or products (i.e., a menu). File can be any one of a number of file types (PDF, DOC, JPG, etc.).
3) Hours of operation (optional)
4) Upload at least 3 and no more than 6 pictures (pictures will fade in and out like on front page and category front pages)
5) Create at least 3 and no more than 6 coupons. Person will be required to enter the following information (for each coupon) to create his/her coupons:
A. Sale Price
B. Sale Description
C. Terms of Coupon (i.e., “Offer does not include etc., etc.. Limit one per customer. May not be combined with other offers.”)
D. Upload Logo (optional)
E. Company name
F. Store locations
G. Tagline (optional)
H. Expiration Date (Date can only be up to one month in the future. Use a drop down calendar to select date.)
6) Upload one header picture (force image to have a fixed size)
7) Company description or mission statement.
8) Scrolling text that appears beneath the header image (i.e., sales, promotions, news, announcements, etc.) (optional)
After this second form is submitted, several things will occur:
1. A new empty, template page will be created for that business. The content of this template page will then be populated with the content collected in the preceding forms.
2. The naming convention for the URL of the new business page will be as follows: [url removed, login to view] If there are characters in the city or business name that are not URL-friendly (they don’t render correctly in the browser’s address bar – i.e., spaces, apostrophes, slashes, etc.), those characters will be omitted.
3. Using the address collected in the first form, a thumbnail image of a map to the business (essentially, a thumbnail of a [url removed, login to view] map) will be automatically generated and displayed on the business’s page. The thumbnail will link to a larger version of the map at Mapquest.com.
4. Coupon information collected in the second form will be inserted into dynamically generated images which will in turn be placed in the coupon row on the business’s page. Prior to programmatic creation of coupon images, the following additional information will be added to each coupon:
A. At the top of coupon, add the verbiage: “Savings Club”.
B. At the bottom of the coupon, add the web address: [url removed, login to view]
Site member will be able to log in and edit his/her business page. They will be able to edit the following in their page’s administration section:
1. Add/Edit/Delete coupons. If a coupon expires after 30 days, they should have the ability to select from expired coupons, edit them if necessary, and then reinsert the coupons into their page’s rotation. (This functionality is required if a site member wants to run a coupon for longer than a month.)
2. Edit Company Name, First and last name (contact name), Address, City, State, Zip, Password, E-mail address, Phone, Fax, Hours of operation, Company description or mission statement, Scrolling text that appears beneath the header image, Header picture
3. Add/Delete Video, Price sheet, Images (displayed beneath coupons)
Site member will receive a reminder e-mail when one or more of his/her coupons are about to expire. The e-mail will ask the site member to edit his/her existing coupons (minimally, edit the expire date) or add new coupons.
Site member will be able to login to the site member administration section on the front page and on the category front pages. A link below the login form will take them to a password retrieval page.
Password Retrieval page will ask for site member’s e-mail address, and then will send member a new, randomly generated password. Site member can log in with this new password, and then change the password in their administration section (to something that is easier for them to remember).
Site admin will have his own private, password-protected, back-end interface. This interface will allow him to do the following:
1. Add/Edit/Delete business pages. There will be a list of business pages currently contained within the site. Site admin will have the ability to activate or disable business pages as well. Deleting a business page will not necessarily delete the corresponding site member.
2. Preview and approve new business pages. When a new business page is created, an e-mail will be sent to the site admin informing him that a new page is ready to go live pending his approval. Site admin will then visit the admin interface, preview the new page, and then activate it if he approves. Initial activation of a new business page will prompt an email to be sent to the page owner (site member) telling him/her that their page has been approved and is now live on the site.
3. Add/Edit/Delete category front pages. There will be a list of category front pages currently contained within the site. Site admin will have the ability to activate or disable these pages as well.
4. Adding a new category front page will require site admin to supply the following:
A. Category name
B. Category description (will go where the mission statement is currently on the front page)
C. Upload header image (must be a fixed size)
5. Following creation of new category page, page link will be dynamically inserted at the bottom of front page and category front pages.
6. Add/Edit/Delete site members. There will be a list of current site members. Site admin will have the ability to activate or disable members as well (allow them to log in or not). Deleting a site member will delete the member’s corresponding business page.
7. Add/Edit/Delete banner ads sold on the front page and category front pages. There will be a list of current site ad banners. Site admin will have the ability to activate or disable ads as well.
8. Preview and approve new banner ads sold on the front page and category front pages. When a new ad is created and purchased, an e-mail will be sent to the site admin informing him that a new ad is ready to go live pending his approval. Site admin will then visit the admin interface, preview the new ad, and then activate it if he approves. Initial activation of a new ad will prompt an email to be sent to the ad’s buyer telling him/her that their ad has been approved and is now live on the site.
9. Edit ad banner types, sizes, and cost per month. There will be a list of current ad banner types.
Total cost: $????
Client hereby accepts and agrees to the website specifications as outlined above. Client understands that the website will be designed according to these specifications. This summary includes the full scope of the project and Client should review it carefully.
Any additions or changes requested outside of the scope of the Website Summary will be billed at Media Moguls’s standard hourly rate. Media Moguls is not obligated to complete Client requests outside of the scope of the work included in the Website Summary. Additions or changes to the Website Summary should be submitted in writing.
Client’s signature below signifies acceptance of the Website Specifications Summary, Invoice and Media Moguls’s Terms of Service. Media Moguls’s TOS will be given to the client to review prior to the signing of this form.
By using Media Moguls’s services you agree to the TOS.
I do have more picture in photoshop
77 freelancers are bidding on average $2321 for this job
Please have a look at our profile ( to know why We're best for your project ) and reviews ( to know what our performance is ). I think it'll help you a lot to choose the winning bidder. Thanks, Tonmay
Hello! I can do it for You for only $3500. It will take me no longer than 30-45 days. If You choose me I will do my best to do it as soon as possible. best regards Birdwatcher