**PLEASE SEE MOCK-UP DESIGN**
WEBSITE and the USER
• I would like a website where a user will log-in, be able to post an ad, edit, delete and repost (ads will expire).
• There will be automated emails for most actions preformed. All the ads posted by the user will be accessible and manageable in the users profile, like craigslist.
• Profiles will be private and users will be able to change it at anytime. Email addresses will be the username.
• An ad will be divided into two parts, one part will consist of data selected and customized by the user. The second part will consist of contact info extracted from their profile. I only want people who subscribe (free for now) to be able to see the contact info.
• Each time the user changes his contact info in the profile, I want any of his ads to automatically update.
• I want users to be able to save other people's ads to their profile page. Ads posted, deleted, saved, etc will be color-coded.
• Each ad needs to have a ID# so I can reference them.
• Each ad needs to be date and time stamped.
• Users should be able to say logged in for up to a week if they desire.
• There will be a search section to search the many ads -- this will be the main part of the site. Ads will be searchable by category first (see pic where it says "car/truck/engine/wanted) -- this should refresh the search criteria so it matches the model, make, variant.
• For each model, make and variant, there will be a profile on the website with specs/stats. This info will need to be extracted from a Excel chart.
• The admin should be able to change specs for each user account, model/make profiles, or any ad posted on the site.
• I would like the site to be written in customized MySQL and PHP. The MySQL database has already been written, however, I know most people prefer to do custom work so we will see.
• Also, I have designed 95% of the look of the site, I just need it recreated. Logo done too.
• If CSS is possible to incorporate into the code as well, then that would be great -- I would to be able to make one change that will effect every page in the site.
• At this time, there will be NO calendar, forum, ads or photos.
• This could be an ongoing project depending on your location, cost, and quality. I have many more ideas for this site.
• Hope to get started in approx. 2 weeks.