Here is the website you'll be working on: [url removed, login to view]
Project in detail
1) Please download the project files from here: [url removed, login to view]
This zip package contains the 2 Photoshop files you will be slicing.
2) Slice the Photoshop files into table-less XHTML strict layouts. This must validate using W3C markup service. The pages should also work in internet explorer 6+ and equal versions to this browser (Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome etc).
[url removed, login to view] - should be built in: includes/[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view] - should be built in: includes/sales/[url removed, login to view]
* Please note: The basic template is there ready to use. There isn't too much coding involved for the front end. Please adjust the design accordingly to fit in with the current design. Spacing between each news item should be 10px.
THIS IS IMPORTANT: Pay CLOSE attention to the PSD's. They pages you code should look EXACTLY the same as my design.
Content management system
Once you have built the pages on the front end, you can begin building them into the current content management system. This can be found here: [url removed, login to view]
*Please don't edit any items
As you can see, there is a basic content management system in place.
1) Build a page to add/edit/delete news items. As you can see from the design, there are 4 news items at a time. The newest item should appear at the top. When a new item is added, the bottom item should be deleted automatically from the database. The user should be able to add a picture for each news item. Please include auto resizing for the thumbnails.
* All of the images uploaded via the news page should be stored on the root of the site, in the folder news/thumbs. The text information can be stored in a database.
2) Build a page to add/edit/delete catalogue items for the "Sales Catalogue" page. There should be 8 items per page. When the page has over 8 items, it should add a new page (see design). The user should be able to add/edit/delete the following items:
- (1) A thumbnail - Again this should auto resize
- (2) Programme title
- (3) Series
- (4) Broadcaster
- (5) Year
- (6) Distributor
- (7) More information (end bit of text in the row)
The user must be able to add a link to the "Broadcaster" and "More information". I would also like the option to re-order the catalogue items. Please see the current CMS for an example.
* All of the images uploaded via the sales catalogue page should be stored on the root of the site, in the folder "catalogue/thumbs". The text information can be stored in a database.
3) As you can see, there are quite a few files in the current content management system ([url removed, login to view]). These files currently allow my client to edit the programmes section.
Please tidy these up and create new folders for the new pages. IMPORTANT: I would like to see in: [url removed, login to view] - 1 index page and then 3 folders titled: "programmes, news and sales_catalogue". This should be an easy enough task.
The content management system you build should be similar to the one we currently have. Simple and in keeping with the current design. I DO NOT want you adding big out of the box systems like joomla. You are welcome to use open source scripts as long as they are bug free and work well.
4) Finally: Please bug check the current CMS we have in place. The last developer rushed the job and it often crashes the browser. Please fix anything which looks wrong.
You can build on top of the current database we have in place OR I can create new ones for you. We can discuss this once you have won the bid.
Terms - Please read before bidding
1) Your communication must be excellent via Skype or MSN.
2) You must speak excellent English.
3) You have just over 2 days (including today) to finish the project. COMMUNICATION is VITAL!
4) Payment via the Escrow system on GAF.
5) After the project has finished, I may need help installing your work on my clients server. By bidding, you agree to answer any questions I may have about the transfer to another server.
6) ONLY bid if you have the experience.
7) In your bid, you should state how you intend to build the system.
8) If you can't do it in the time specified please DO NOT bid.
9) When awarded the project, you agree to accept the project via your GAF account before beginning work.
Important note before you bid
I am due to begin a new job as project manager at a BIG design agency in the UK. I am currently looking for developers to use on a regular basis. If you do an excellent job, I will be putting you on my contact list of developers to use on a a VERY regular basis. Please think about this when placing your bid.
Thank you and happy bidding!
10 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 189 $ tähän työhön
Hi Have Gone through your requirement and understood, we are very sure that we can do your needs with your entire satisfaction. We have left a PMB for you plz feel free to have a look over there. Thnx JSI Team
Hi, [url removed, login to view] is example of our expertise and experience. For more details please visit your personal message board. Best Regards, Adam.