Shopping Directory Website
Target Users: Male + Female
18 – 35
Description: Shopping directory / portal with affiliate links
Style: Must appeal to all ages and to both genders.
Design must be fresh, clean and tidy.
Colour Scheme: Orange – Green – Grey – White – or open to suggestion
CATS = categories
1. The main menu must have a list of main CATS which can be then broken down into SUB CATS.
2. Each CAT will have a main page displaying banners and links controlled through the CMS.
3. The directory will not have individual products displayed in their respective categories, they will display only links to merchant sites.
e.g. FASHION > CLOTHES > [url removed, login to view]
4. The merchant will be displayed as a text affiliate link controlled through the CMS. Optionally for ADMIN, an affiliate banner can be displayed to accompany the link.
5. All text and banner links external to the site will open new browser windows.
6. Google Ad Sense - design must be able to incorporate the ads to provide extra revenue.
7. Banner section will be displayed on every page on rotation; these will be determined through the CMS, which is chosen for this.
1. Users can sign up for newsletters according to their own choice.
2. Details of subscribed users will be logged into a database so that newsletters can be easily created and sent to the users through the CMS.
3. Newsletters will need to be sent through a WYSIWYG editor or a pre-made template.
CMS – ADMIN
Must have the ability to control content for the following.
1. CATS – To control the CATS within the site. ADD CAT – EDIT CAT – DELETE CAT – same for subs.
2. MERCHANT’s – ADD – EDIT – DELETE a merchant NAME and assign to a CAT.
3. CAT main pages – With a pre-made template for each main page, need to be able to copy in HTML code for desired banner for allocated area. e.g. 4 banner areas on each page = CMS allows 4 HTML links to be saved in the CMS for the chosen area. HTML links must work as most will be affiliate links and will already be hosted by the network providers.
4. Banners –ability to enter HTML code for banners already hosted. They will be displayed on their respective CAT page.
Banners will also be on rotation throughout the site on every page according to my choice. This will be dependent on information I have on high click through for this merchant, etc…
5. Links – ability to enter HTML code for affiliate links. Must be able to look up a CAT then assign the link to a MERCHANT.
6. TOP 10 SHOPS – Display 10 drop down boxes of all MERCHANTs and from this, the top 10 can be selected and then displayed on the website. The links used for this will be using the one as discussed in POINT 5. (Like [url removed, login to view])
7. PROMOTIONS/OFFERS – Will be displayed as text. This data will be different from rest of DB. Promotional title needs to be available if required for occasions such as Xmas and Mothers day, etc.
i. Fields needed: TEXT TO DISPLAY – HTML LINK (like [url removed, login to view])
8. NEWSLETTERS – NAME – EMAIL – EMAIL CONFIRM – SEX – LOCATION – DOB
9. Other Content – WYSIWYG editor to control the text – must be able to support HTML for links.
i. T & C’s – CONTACT – ABOUT US – ETC…
10. T & C’s – WYSIWYG editor to control the text – must be able to support HTML for links.
11. GOOGLE AD SENSE – admin must support this feature to display adverts in their allocated area.
For more information please get in touch.