I have a highly customized version of osCommerce website selling Murano Glass jewelry and artwork (check it out at www[dot]g#l@a#s@s#ofv+e~n%ice[dot]com – just remove the #,@,~,and%s ) with about 25 addons installed and need to install/configure 10 more. The list of addons is below.
PLEASE NOTE – this project is NOT just about installing the MODs – I used to be a programmer myself and could do it easily. Your job is to make them all work, configure and fully test the functionality of the WHOLE site, with all e-mails going out etc. By configure, I also mean to make it look nice where necessary based on my feedback. I will also ask you to look at a few issues with functionality outside of the scope of this project. These will add few hours to the project. Count those in. I would say that 10% of the time is installation, 5% - configuration, and 85% is testing and fixing the issues/imperfections.
I have a “DEV” subfolder on my site where the development version of the code is. This code points to a separately setup development database. Right now, DEV version of the code is different from the one in Production in that I hired someone to upgrade the site from 800x600 to 1024x768. This has been done but will require some additional testing from you. A couple of MODs that need to be installed from the list below have already been installed in DEV but not tested and not configured properly. You will need to finish this job.
You will work in this DEV environment until everything is ready to move to Production. When it is ready, you will set up a QA environment (QA subfolder with a QA version of the database which will contain structure from DEV with all changes and current data from Production environment – this will be a place where I can test all changes based on then current Production data). When testing is done, you will migrate the code and the database structure to Production and configure all the changes necessary so that everything works with then current Production database data.
If you have better ideas on how to implement this, do not hesitate to offer your version of the plan. Goal is to minimize the downtime for the website and move clean and fully tested code and DB structure to Production.
I have a contribution tracker installed so when you are finished, you will need to add all MODs to the list.
For each line you add or change, you agree to put a beginning and an end comment in the following format:
/*** Begin <MOD NAME & Ver.> by <Your Name> - <CURRENT DATE> ***/
/*** End <MOD NAME & Ver.> by <Your Name> - <CURRENT DATE> ***/
I WOULD MUCH PREFER A US-based developer with a proven track record or at least somebody whose native language is English and whom I can call on the phone to discuss the issues.
No payments will be made until the project is fully finished. DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. I am not trying to steal your money. I am a legit US based company with strong financials. This policy is my insurance against your misconduct. I am looking for long-term relationship with a person committed to his or her obligations and timelines.
Now to the add-ons I need:
1. Add Google eCommerce tracking. Here is the link:
[url removed, login to view];hl
=en_US I understand it should be embedded in the page that precedes [url removed, login to view]
2. Order Editor [url removed, login to view] - Already installed, needs validation and configuration.
3. Update quantity & change sort_order of categories and products - [url removed, login to view] - Already installed, has issues; if you can make it work – fine, if not – remove it.
4. PHPMailer for OsCommerce - [url removed, login to view] - Already installed, needs to be removed (this is the easiest out of all of them, literally 10 minutes).
5. Google Checkout - [url removed, login to view] - Already installed, needs validation and configuration.
6. Package Tracking Plus 2.2 - [url removed, login to view]
7. USPS Shipping Insurance - [url removed, login to view]
8. Manual Order - [url removed, login to view],6370 ;support forum here: [url removed, login to view];st=0&p=1336057
9. osC_GiftWrap - [url removed, login to view]
10. Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.2 - [url removed, login to view]