The project consists to create a Gay DVD Online Store from A to Z. The website will use Apache/MySQL/PHP/Windows OR Linux server. You can use any type of script using PHP to create the website (from scratch, Joomla, Drupal, Magento or anything else). You can use any module of your choice (Joom!Fish for the multilingual, for example).
We just need a final website fully working ready to be filled with our data. So, you are free to use what you want to create a fully working a friendly-use website.
The website will be use to;
- Show our online catalog of DVD (only information’s and 2 covers images per movie)
- Sell those using a cart
- Send an automatic invoice using PayPal when the user decide to complete the purchase
- Create a customer account with all the information for invoice and shipping
The website have to;
- A customer can search a movie by Studio, by Director, by Year, by Actor, by Country, by Theme.
- When a customer is a on movie profile page, he can click on the name of one actor and be redirected on a page where he can see all the movies where the actor play. Same things for the studios, the director, the year, the country and the theme.
- The customer is not into the obligation to buy all the DVD on a movie. If a movie have 2 DVD, he can chose to just buy the DVD 1.
- The admin form to enter a new Movie have to be user-friendly and with some automatic function as describe below.
You can see 2 website we want to imitate
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
You have a list of the module we want for this project.
1. LANGUAGE MANAGER
These one will help us to maintain an create a multilingual website and give us the possibility to add another language in the future.
Our catalog is only for Movies. We have a lot of field here.
- Number of disc (automatically add and remove line field equal to the number of disc. If we enter "2", 2 line will appear to enter informations about 2 disc. So, the admin will have to enter 2 title and 2 length)
- Disc Title (depend of Number of disc)
- Disc Length (depend of Number of disc)
- Length (this is the lenght of the movie. So, the total automatically calculate of the length of the disc)
- Face cover (The admin browse on is computer to upload a picture of the face cover in JPEG format. The script automatically import, resize the picture to 265X376PX and create a thumb file of 100X142PX)
- Back cover (The admin browse on is computer to upload a picture of the back cover in JPEG format. The script automatically import, resize the picture to 265X376PX and create a thumb file of 100X142PX)
- Added (This is an automatic entry create when the movie is tested unique (view the Year field for more information) but the Admin can change the date if he just click on the field. In fact, when the admin clicks on the field, a calendar appear and the admin can chose the day, the month and the year.)
- Product code (The product code is a unique 6 digit number associate to the Movie. This number is automated and unique, so the admin don’t have to enter it. It suppose to be automatically create when the admin confirm he add a new Movie. It’s not an obligation but we prefer a unique random 6 digit number. The increment numbers are not professional for this kind of use.)
*The actors, the directors and the studios fields are special. If we take the example of the actors field, 1 movie can have more than 1 actor. So, we need a simple field for the Admin. So, the admin just have to enter each Actor separate by commas. (Ex: Actor 1, Actor 2, Actor 3) In this example, the script understand the movie have 3 different Actors. The Actor 1, the Actor 2 and the Actor 3. After, at the end, when the Admin confirm he want to add the movie, the script will check for each studio if they already exist in the Actor table. If yes, create a link with the existing actor and the new movie, If no, create the new actor in the Actors table and create a link with this new actor and the new movie.
**The Year, Studio and Title fields are decisives. The script check into the actual database to be sure the movie is really a new movie and not an actual existing movie. For that, he uses the combination of the Title, the Studio and the Year. If another movie have the same Title, the same Studio and the same year, the admin can continue to enter the information for the other field and receive a error message explain another movie already exist with the same information with a link to see this movie on the database.
***The country and the theme fields are [url removed, login to view] we take the example of the country, 1 movie can have more than 1 country. But, here, the admin can’t add any country. He can only choose each country from the table Countries. We think something like autofield based on the values on the table countries but you can chose the best way to use it. What we whant is a easy use form to be sure we don't have any error in our database.
A full cart with customer login and create a new account. A easy way to manage our price chart. Actually our price chart is very simple. If the movie you buy have more than 1 DVD, you only pay 5$ for each other extra DVD for the movie. So, if a customer take 2 movies. The first movie have only 1 DVD and the second have 3 but the customer decide to take the DVD 2 and 3 of the second movie. The customer will pay full price (X) for the DVD of the first movie, full price (X) for 1 DVD of the second movie and special price (Y) for the second DVD of the second movie. So, only 3 different price.
X = Full price for 1 DVD
Y = Special price for the extra DVD
Z = Shipping fee which is always the same (5$) worldwide.
4. DATABASE MANAGEMENT
Where the admin can add/remove/change the data fill into the table "Themes", "Countries", "Actors", "Directors", "Studios".
If you think your are able to create a website like [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view] and create a user-friendly form, you're welcome.
If you have any question, feel free to message us.