What I am looking for is similar to the website found here: [url removed, login to view]
I need both an back end interface that will allow my client to modify the information that will be displayed on the web page, and a php script that will dynamically generate pages based on the database info. I also need a search engine that will display only the relevant content (see below for details).
These are the key elements.
1. This project will dynamic generate html pages with information about flowers sold by my client.
2. It will run on an apache server, with php5 and MySQL.
3. No non-standard php settings will be required - ie. i will not compromise security by having to turn on register globals etc.
Dynamically Generated Content:
1. The first page should be a listing of the product categories, with a list of products (specific plant types) next to it. Each main category will have an associated picture. A sample page can be found here: [url removed, login to view]
2. When a user clicks on the main category link, a infomation page about that category will come up: eg. [url removed, login to view]
3. When a user clicks on a specific plant type then a screen will come up with a picture of the plant and some information about the plant that will be generated from the database. Note that the categories will be similar to but not the same categories as shown on this sample page: [url removed, login to view]
4. On the product page (above, #3), the user can click to see a larger picture of the product.
5. On the product page, the user can click to be brought to another page with plant care information: [url removed, login to view]
1. The user will be able to search specific categories in the database to come up with a listing of plants that will meet their needs. eg. [url removed, login to view]
2. The categories that can be searched will be different from the sample page, and may include drop downs, radial buttons or free text boxes. Details will be provided.
3. The result page should look like this: [url removed, login to view] (except that only the relevant plants will be shown).
1. The user should be able to add and delete all plant types and specific products.
2. The user will be able to edit all information that is dynamically displayed on the website. (ie. the content, not the design of course!)
3. The pictures will be uploaded as jpg, gif or png files. The program will automatically resize each of the images (using php-gd or image magick - both available on the server) to the sizes required for each of the various webpages.
4. The back end will be password protected.
This software design will be similar to the website examples that I have given, except that some of the colours etc. will have to be changed to match my clients website. Also, the border at the top and left side of the page will be unique to my client's website (and will be provided). In other words I do not want the design to be an exact replica of the example pages - it should look like an independently develeoped project. But the example pages are of good indication of the type of design that will be expected.
If you are not able to do the design work, but only the programming work please feel free to bid anyway. I can always hire a separate designer and then have you integrate your program into their sample designs. Since I don't really feel that there is much design work to be done here (since the basic website is already designed, and I have given you example pages), preference will be give to those who will look after the entire project. Please indicate in your bid if you are unable to do the design work.
Feel free to contact me if you require any additional information.