OUr technical person is quite busy with projects and cannot get to our site relaunch for another two weeks.. In light of this, we are posting this extensive project for your consideration.
It will require implementing the "FV community news plugin" and the Sidepost Plugin in order to create a huffingtonpost type of layout, all with either using the current Viva Thumbs/Zoom plugin to generate thumbnails or to either use your own method of generating thumbnails taking note that this is a multi-author blog and many of the writers are not as tech savvy..
This is how we would like to go about the the technical side of things, but If you have a better solution or an easier solution as to how to handle this, please tell us before bidding.
Here are the specifics:
* Theme used is Suvi Theme, I can provide the theme files.. therefore, you will not be focusing on design since a design is already provided, the technicalities of the layout is what we need implemented.
* Goal is to have a layout similar to Huffington Post
* Suvi Theme uses The Viva Thumbs/Zoom plugin to generate the thumbnails. I can provide the documentation for the viva thums/zoom plugin..
* We will keep the video portion on the home right sidebar
* We would like to keep the format of The Video Category as-is
1. First, basically, we would like to have a featured headline at the top of the page, currently, The Suvi Theme Featured post is actually good for that, but we would like to extend this and have a featured post for each category, so, for example, when you land on The Categories Page, you will have featured posts in the categories section.
My tech person tweaked it already so that she created a featured category, and once you create a post under the featured and politics category, it will automatically be posted as a featured post on that politics page and will also be featured on the home page. You need only check out the code for proper implementation.
2. Middle Column in the home page will contain editor(s) submitted news or articles. The Articles or news stories can be linked to either stories within FV, or articles around the Web. In The sanbox, we are using The "FV Community News Wordpress Plugin" and will hide the editor submission form in a hidden page.
We have already done this by tweaking the FV community news plugin for multiple outputs and a dropdown menu to select the different outputs.
But we would like to extend this function so that we could create an editor submitted artices/news in the middle column of all categories.. (this would mean, that we would have a diferent middle column sidebar for each category? or use php coding so that each category middle column has a different sidebar utilizing the different outputs of the FV community news plugin for each category and then having the middle column for each category automatically populate the middle column of the home page. In short, do for the middle column what has been done for the Featured Posts.
Also, if you could integrate this by using the viva thumb/zoom plugin so that the images displayed will be thumbnails instead of resized images, this would
also greatly help in the loading of the site.
We would like the middle Column to have the format of Image (preferably a thumbnail so that loading will not be hindered), then below that The Title and
link, and below that a brief snippet of the article
3. Still in the Middle Column, we would like to have 3 latest articles from a category known as "current News" (this will be above the Editor Submitted News). We can use The Sidepost Plugin by Kates Gasis to accomplish this), however, we woulld like to have the output in the same format as mentioned previously (Image, Title and link, then brief snippet)
We want that the middle column in each category will have 3 latest articles as "current News".. So basically, this is going to be just like how the featured post will work. So that when a user submits a post under the politics and current news category, it will automatically appear in the politics middle column sidepost, and then it will also appear in the homepage middle column sidepost.
Basically the middle column order in the home page will be:
Current News Aside Posts (2 articles)
Editor Submitted News
4. Right Column on the home page will contain two other sideposts which will be Letter's to Editor, then Government (still use the Kates Gasis Sidepost Plugin) and having the same format. and we would like to limit these to three articles per sidepost.
5. The letters to Editor Sidepost, will also use the process that we outlined for the middle column "current news" sidepost. Which means that Letter's to Editor sidepost will be in each cateogry.
6. Right Column on the home page (below the sideposts) will contain three tabbed widgets.. [Most Viewed, Most Commented, Most Emailed]
7. Still on the HOME Right Column, we would like to implement user submitted links/stories using the FV community news plugin and still in the same format.
8. Now on The Category Right Sidebar, we would like to implement a most popular widget such as what is found at [url removed, login to view], but I would like the option of resetting that most popular every week or so, to keep this fresh..
9. Still on the Category Right Sidebar, we would like to have another Editor submitted News Links/Articles same as (11.)
10. Format for Post/Pages should only encompass one sidebar and no footer. Still on the Post/Pages Right Sidebar, we would like to implement "Recent Articles" and still in the format of (Image, Title and Link, and brief snippet) (only 4 articles)
11. and we would also like to keep the "Most Popular Sidebar" also on the post/page sidebar.
12. On the Home Page and Category Page Footer has three columns, but we would like to implement in the first column a tag cloud, and the next two columns
combined for our links section.
13. We would like to get rid of the footer section in the Article and Single Pages
14. On the right sidebar of all pages, including posts, we would like to implement a "subscribe to" widget similar to what is found at [url removed, login to view]
15. On the single post page, below the post itself, we would like to implement related posts (5 posts) with a thumbnail beside each title of the the related post
16. And finally, we need you to install the TDO MINI FORMS PLUGIN on the site itself..
17. We have created a sandbox for the website, and once everything seems to be working alright, we need it to be implemented on the site itself..
1. HOME PAGE AND CATEGORY PAGE SHOULD HAVE REGULAR BLOG CHRONOLOGY
2. HOME PAGE AND CATEGORY PAGE MIDDLE COLUMN SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE: cURRENT NEWS --> EDITOR SUBMITTED NEWS
3. HOME PAGE RIGHT COLUMN SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE: SUBSCRIBE TO WIDGET --> VIDEO --> LETTERS TO EDITOR --> GOVERNMENT NEWS --> TABBED WIDGET --> USER SUBMITTED LINKS
4. CATEGORY PAGE RIGHT COLUMN SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE: SUBSCRIBE TO WIDGET --> LETTERS TO EDITOR --> MOST POPULAR --> USER SUBMITTED LINKS IN THAT CATEGORY
5. SINGLE ARTICLE POST FORMAT: RIGHT SIDEBAR SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLWING SEQUENCE: SUBSCRIBE TO WIDGET --> RECENT ARTICLES --> MOST POPULAR