this is a project where you write a program in the language of your choice to download some data from a website and stick it in an access database.
The website is [url removed, login to view]
but you need to download ONLY the part from there that you get when you select from the combobox "Title 14 ("Aeronautics and space")
this url might work, but it might also not:
<[url removed, login to view]>
This contains the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs, aka Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 14) online, as they were revised on 17 Feb 2005.
**NOTE: WHEN I POSTED THIS BID BEFORE, THIS SITE WAS DOWN. THE SITE IS NOW UP.. AS SUCH, PLEASE HAVE A LOOK! THIS IS A REASONABLY EASY SCREEN SCRAPE PROJECT.
Note: you can also start at the [url removed, login to view] site, in which case you should know that this project is only interested in TITLE 14 - AERONAUTICS AND SPACE.
The FARs are basically laws.
We have these laws from 2004 in an access database (which is attached here).
Your task is to download the 2005 laws from the current website (above) and replace the data currently in the access database with the 2005 rules.
THERE WAS SOME CONFUSION EARLIER ABOUT MY USE OF THE TERM "SCREEN SCRAPE" - by this, I mean you write a program of some sort that gets the data from the website. I dont care if you use HTTP requests to get the raw data or how you do it.. it just has to get the data.
VERY IMPORTANT: the format of the data must match what is in the database now. That is to say, while doing your screen scraping, you need to remove unnecessary junk. This should not be too hard as what is the db now is pretty plain.
Basically, the database needs to look like it does now, except with 2005 data, not 2004 data.
Comments on the tables in the DB:
1. CHAPTER - you probably can leave this as it is (no changes required, I think) (EASY!)
2. CHAPTERURLS - Ignore this table (no changes required) (EASY!)
3. PART - make sure that this list is correct. You can correct it manually if you like, or you can write a program to check it (your choice). (SLIGHTLY TOUGHER - BUT STILL EASY!)
4. VOLUME - this is correct, I think. Leave as-is. (no changes required) (EASY!)
5. SECTION - this is where 98% of your work will be. Obviously "PartID" needs to match the PartID in the PART table. "Downloaded" (yes/no field) is completely up to you (you can ignore it if you like). (THE WORK OF THIS PROJECT)
Again, you are REPLACING all the data.
Please DO NOT BID without carefully looking at the .mdb file and also the website.
**Thank you for your bids!**
1. database returned as described with the requested data in it.
2. source code for screen scrape program IF you say in your bid that you will provide this. VB6 source code preferred.
MS-Access and ... (maybe visual basic.. but your choice!)