This is a project for small procurement company buying hardware and consumables for big oil companies. My client the small procurement company receives enquries from the oil companies and send out the enquiries to manufactures/distributors/agents selling these items. They in turn provide a proforma invoice quoting the cost of the items, the delivery date, quatity, freight cost etc.
My client takes this information and inputs into an analysis sheet and sorts out the lowest price from all the proforma invoices they received from all the suppliers. Typically there will be 5-10 proforma received for every item on the enquiry from the big clients. Based on the least price, my client prepares his quotation and sends to the big clients. If they win the bid, my client now sends our a purchase order to the suppliers.
The system should deliver the following:
1. Sort out the the lowest price received from all the suppliers
2. generate a quotation to be sent to the big client for each item and enquiry
3. generate a report based on suppliers, big clients, etc
4. be seachable at later dates as a MIS system
5. be a client/server system so that up to 5 -10 clients can work on the system at any point in time.
6. as a comprehensive system to input information from the enquiry, proforma from the suppliers and generate the quotation to be sent to the client.
- a currency converter; so that you can compare the quotes in a single currency. Because the suppliers quote in different currency depending on their country of origin.
-A typical enquiry from the big client can contain up to 10 different items at any point.
- Every enquiry has a unique identifier( the nomenclature number) that identifies it
- more information is currently been sent over.
- the possibility of a web based system is been considered
Delivery timetable is 2-4weeks.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).