I need a VB 6.0-based Jabber IM client written with *full* jabber functionality for version 1.x of the Jabber server. You can read about the Jabber API at <[url removed, login to view]>.
1) I have partially written code that is 80% functional, but buggy. It may or may not be the right codebase to start from, but it'll be a help.
2) I already have a Jabber server w/ conferencing up and running... it will need to be maintained through the course of development, but it does not need to be set up.
3) Look & feel of the client should be as polished as MSN Messenger. You are to provide the artwork / design as needed for the client.
4) Conversation history should function exactly like MSN Messenger, down to the pixel.
5) Notifications of someone coming online, or new messages being delivered should 'slide' in above the clock, just like MSN Messenger, with a similar (but different) gradient
6) As I mentioned above, your bid should include support for all Jabber 1.x functionality -- but I want to especially mention SSL support, send-a-file, emoticons, fonts, availability status, invite others to the conversation. One thing we *don't* need to do is hook up to external IM networks such as MSN, Yahoo, AOL, etc -- this will be a private IM network.
7) The dialog to inviting others to the conversation, or to form a new conference should allow the person to check-mark individuals, or entire groups to dictate who gets invited
8) Since I want this developed ASAP, I'll place a premium for any coder that has experience with the Jabber API, and who will be able to focus 100% on this project until it's complete.
9) I expect any coder to be available to me via IM pretty much all the time, during the work-day (whenever that is)
10) Code should be fully commented, well indented, and comments should be in English.
11) Client should be written in VB6 and should especially NOT require .NET
12) Client should be stable and well tested. Bid should include any bug-fixed needed to original code / core-functionality.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003 etc