I'd like to be able to send out an automatic tweet to customers that purchases off of my site using a web based system or small application. I can easily export email addresses from my system to use for searching Twitter accounts. I also can set up my checkout to ask the customer for their twitter username (this allows me to bypass the whole export/import/gmail/follow process).
I've been doing this:
1. Export customer email addresses to CSV.
2. Import CSV to Gmail account.
3. Import to Twitter account from Gmail.
4. Follow all active twitter users from Gmail.
5. Tweet to new followings.
6. Unfollow new following after tweet is sent. (I don't want to follow people).