Hi my names Wesley, I have recentley bought a an estate agent script from acme agent, its php and sql i think, i have discovered that there are a few minor things wrong:
1. Search: the price dropdown, only seems to work if you select below £1000 it could do with updating to suit a letting agency.
2. in admin, under the configuration tab, it has the website details and then admin details, need that to be seperated into seperate pages, then in the config page needs updating slightly, admin details at the moment only allows 1 admin that needs to be able to have multi logins.
3. under the listing tab, there is an upload data file...does not seem to do nothing, that could be linked back upload enabling to upload data sheet of properties instead of manually.
4. under the listing tab, it show all the properties and next to each one there are 3 options, edit...delete...and images, the images needs to be moved into the add a property page where you enter the property details, not sure why it is not already in there.
5. in the listing tab there is a feature tab. it allows you to define features....pool, garage...etc, but when adding a property, there is no option to add the defined features, but yet there is a feature text box, this needs removing. so i need it so when i define features, the show up when on adding a property page, maybe check boxes as there maybe more than 1 feature per property.
6. in the 'add a property' tab, that form also needs updating slightly to suit UK, i need to add a few new fields, such as a let agreed checkbox which when ticked the property image show with a banner saying let agreed' and there is a special checkbox that also seems to do nothing, instead i want an add to featured properties checkbox, which, when checked it will show up on the frontend featued property page also like the let agreed, could have featured banner.
7. on the property details page on the frontend. down the left hand side there is a contact us about this property with a captcha, the image is not showing.
8. also on the front end there was no home page, so i have built a front end with xhtml and a bit of php but i am a totally novice. i have made a home page but i need a bit of code writing to bring say the last 6 properties added to the datebase in the last 7 days and maybe a link going a page to see all latest / newest properties in last week / month.
9. like i say, it all needs to be updated to suit UK and have all the uk postcodes entered for the map system...google api i think. also needs to suit a letting agents.
10. it has an install page which also needs to suit uk and be slightley updated.
there are propbabley a few more bits, but that is the main part what i need doing.
you can view a demo at [url removed, login to view], also to view what i have done i have put it on an used domain.. [url removed, login to view] and also to see [url removed, login to view]
i am not that good at explaining so please feel free to ask anything as i am a total novice and probabley missed things out.
many thanks wesley campbell