Need help with configuring a Virtual Private Server running LAMP. The Ajax powered website is already running on this server, but it is very slow, experiencing intermittent internal server errors, sudden page load breaks, or the system spends a lot of time loading a PHP page. The configuration needs to be done with minimal down time.
- CentOS, LAMP, 512 MB RAM (up to 2 GB bursted);
- Virtuozzo and Plesk control panels available if needed;
- someone experienced with configuring LAMP for high traffic website running Ajax scripts;
- install and configure lighttpd;
- optimize [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] and any unlimited other files that will positively affect server performance (explain and share list with actions done while configuring these files);
- optimize MySQL;
- advice about general best practices for Ajax powered high traffic websites;