I know the basics of PHP and mysql and have made some of the minor changes myself. I cannot get hold of the original programmer to make the new changes so I need someone.
I would like to use the same person in the future for further updates to the program so a rate estimate along with the quote would be appreciated unless you can recommend some other program/software instead.
Please details quote per section into hours/price
BULK EMAIL WEBSITE TO DO
- Track emails that have been opened, ie as a percentage, I know some email clients will block this but if we can get a general idea, if we can't I understand.
- The unsubscribe link, the clients want it to say “click here to unsubscribe” the word unsubscribe must be highlighted and have the link. At the moment if we put the variable in it displays the URL that it links to, I just want it to say unsubscribe and not show the URL.
-I want an option to embed images, I know all we need to add is the <cid> Would it be possible to add a button on the link images form that says “Embed Image” and still keep the other link image option?
-Option to send attachments like PDF,currently only creates a link to files
-Limit attachment upload size to 500 kb unless I upload the attachment via ftp
-Set a limit on a [url removed, login to view] clients pay me per email they send but some want to buy credits. I want to be able to setup that a clients has 1000 credits and if he tries to send 1200 emails it will tell him that he does not have enough. There must be no option for resume sending up till the number of credits available.
- I want an extra menu button that says “Clean up Emails”. I know and have scripts that do dns lookups on email address to check if they are valid but my clients don't know how to do this. What I want it a button that they click, they select there email file to upload and check (from there local pc), the script must run through the emails and do the dns validation and whatever fails must just display on the screen. It can display as one long list, no next page options or re-exporting a clean list, they can copy and paste the emails that failed and sort it out themselves.
- Restrict users to see only images and files they uploaded, currently you can view everyones. I think the easiest would be to create a folder with the users primary id and they can only access that folder.
- Also there seems to be error checking for adding an email to multiple mailing lists, let me explain, say [url removed, login to view] is on list1, now the client sets up list2 and wants [url removed, login to view] to be on there, if we try and import or add the subscriber manually it doesn't allow us to do this, we had to select [url removed, login to view] from list1 and say “copy to” list2. This isn't going to help because there are instances where the same email address must be on 2 different mailing lists. BUT there must NOT be a duplicate on the same mailing list, can you confirm if this is correct else we need it fixed.
- If no mailing group has been selected for a newsletter show an error
-When sending newsletter check that there is an unsubscribe link
-On import, display the skipped and not import emails, it only shows the total at the moment
- On the menu change templates and newsletter buttons around
-On subscribers page display the record count for the search
-On Newsletter > Outbox, if you closed your screen during the sending process and go to outbox you are able to select the outstanding emails and select them and click send now but it doesn't seem to send
- On Newsletter > Outbox , add a select all/deselect all option, currently you can select individual and all on 1 page but if you have 10 pages that takes a lot of time.