- the layout (html+css+graphics)
HERE IS WHAT MY WEBSITE NEEDS TO BE CAPABLE OF DOING:
- can see the full list of files available for download
- in order to download a file they need to create an account and purchase credits (single, 10-pack, 20-pack, etc.)
This would be done via PayPal preferably, but needs to be seamlessly integrated into the website - no navigating away to [url removed, login to view]!
- a user can also choose a "1 Free Credit" which of course gives him/her 1 free credit to use towards the download - the user still needs to provide his/her credit info to avoid abuse.
Registered users: can log into the site with username and password and use their credits to download files (1 credit/file DOWNLOAD). If they want to download the same file at a later time a credit will be used - this is to avoid sharing accounts between people.
When a user comes to the site:
- sees a list of files available for download (pulled from the DB)
-(s)he can click on any of the files to see more details (pulled from the DB)
- on the list as well as on the "more details" page a "Download" link for particular file is displayed - if the user is not logged in go to registration page, if the user is logged in allow direct download (use 1 credit).
files will be stored with names such as [url removed, login to view] which is the reference stored in the DB. Once clicked on a download for say [My Music File MP3] the php script needs to rename [url removed, login to view] on the fly and serve it to the client as [url removed, login to view] -> this is used just so a simple directory listing on the server won't reveal the content (not even filetype).
Here is a minimal list of files that need to be created upon completion of this project:
- [url removed, login to view] <- shows the entire list of files available (needs to be sortable by names), this page also has a searchbox that can be used to find a particular movie
- [url removed, login to view] <- displays the more detailed information on the file
- [url removed, login to view] <- user logs in using this website
- [url removed, login to view] <- user registers a new account here, also buys the credits
- [url removed, login to view] <- page for already registered users to "fill up" their account with more credits
- [url removed, login to view] <- this page has to provide the following functionality:
<> add/remove/edit existing file's info (no need to upload the main file, just control the MySQL entries -> this also means upload of small JPGs that are displayed on the file list and "more info" page)
<> add/remove/disactivate/activate user
<> add/remove credits to any of the users
A word document containing the MySQL DBs required is attached.
I realize that this sketch might be unorganized and not fully understandable, but this is my first attempt of communicating a project of this sort.
Contact me directly with any questions/clarification requests - [url removed, login to view][at]gmail[dot]com with "Paid downloads with user registration" in the subject line.
P.S. Experience with full PayPal integration a big asset!