Your job will be to build a script that auto-submits data to an online submission form for Plenty of Fish to create advertisements in bulk.
The POF submission page is quite comprehensive and consists of check boxes, file submission forms (to upload images), text fields and radio buttons.
The script should be server-based (probably PHP and cURL) and should allow me to upload a csv file containing multiple advert combinations - Each of these adverts will contain different data that needs to be submitted via the form.
Your script should submit every one of these adverts and should display a log (And generate a log file) to identify errors and successful submissions.
It should work in the background and should send an email to me when completed. It should also be possible to halt the submissions on demand.
The image files that will need to be uploaded to POF should ideally reside on my desktop computer but if you'd prefer them to be on the server then you'll need to implement a way of uploading these when the submission begins.
The script needs only a very simple interface which should be password protected. It should allow me to upload the csv data file and to start / halt submissions.
ONLY BID AFTER YOU HAVE VIEWED THE POF SUBMISSION FORM. Access details are provided in this projects attachment.
TO SHOW YOU HAVE VIEWED THE POF SUBMISSION FORM, STATE CLEARLY IN YOUR BID DETAILS 'I HAVE CLOSELY VIEWED THE POF SUBMISSION FORM' - Any bidders failing to do this will be ignored.
Note the following ...
- This should run on my WireTree Unix VPS
- We'll give preference to bidders who've done similar work before and if they can get the work completed quickly.
- You are responsible for all testing.
- We have some draft excel sheets containing campaign data available on request) but we'd prefer you to provide us with the template.
- The script would be written so that it can easily be updated should the form change in the future
- The csv data file should be 'human-readable' i.e. with a header row at the top and understandable field names for each value.
- We require daily updates.