Our company rents and sells bags, sell bag care products and accessories on an online store. We would now like to include an option for the customer to redeem gift card credits for renting of bags and delivery charges on our store. We are using Oscommerce as our shopping cart software.
We are looking for an Oscommerce developer(s) to implement/install and modify a oscommerce contribution to achieve:-
A Gift Card System with redeem function
That can be used by customer through the online store as well as when claiming in person.
Upon successful purchase of gift card:
• 10 digit serial no. is auto-generated and listed in oscommerce admin along with purchaser details
• Customer who purchases gift card is emailed the auto-generated serial no.
• Store owner is also notified of order and emailed this serial no.
• There has to be different gift cards of different values
• Able to set different validity or use-by-dates for each value of cards
During customer checkout:
• There will be an area to enter the 10 digit serial no. to redeem the gift card with a ‘Redeem’ button.
• Once customer has entered the serial number and clicked redeem, this should check
I. If the user has claim before:
o If user claims for the first time it will subtract credits and store the user details (Name, identification no) for this gift card into the database.
o If this is not the first time of redeeming, it would check if the card is matched to the user registered before subtracting credits from the card.
o If there is no match between card and user, user will be notified on screen that they are unable to claim the credits.
II. If card is expired.
o If card is expired, a screen notification should be displayed on screen to the customer.
• Store owner has the option of assigning gift card to customer if purchase is made in person in the Oscommerce Admin.
• Store owner has the option of subtracting credits on the Oscommerce Admin if customer claims in person.
• The Gift Card is used to RENT a bag only or to pay for delivery charges. Cannot be used for PURCHASE of bags or accessories/bag care products.
• Gift card credits can be redeemed again if there is leftover credits. Eg. if customer has claim 10 out of a 100 dollar credit gift cart they still have 90 credits left to be claimed.
• Each Gift Card is registered and unique to only ONE USER. It is non-transferable once claimed.
• There is NO LIMIT to the number of Gift Cards you can buy at one time.
• After successful purchase of a gift card, a 10 digit serial number should be auto-generated and emailed to the customer who has purchased this card.
• Expiry date and date of issue of the gift card is calculated when customer purchases it on the online store.
• Expiry date of gift card should be displayed during checkout while customer is redeeming credits for their order.
• Purchaser of gift card can be a different customer to the claimer of the gift card.
• Name, identification number of the customer should be stored when claiming credits of the gift card for the first time.
• In Administration section:
o A table that display the user details, user gift card assigned (serial no. displayed), expiry date of gift card.
o Option for store owner to assign gift card to customer if card is claimed in person for the first time.
o Option for store owner to allow customer to redeem credits in person. This should subtract credits from that particular gift card accordingly so that the right amount of credits are available if customer when they decide to use the gift card in the online store.
We would also like documentation/instructions for the following:
• How to use Gift Card options in admin?
• Where to edit the text for customer notification on screen?
• Where to edit the text for email notifications sent to customer and store owner?
• Any modifications to the oscommerce files to achieve this implementation.
Please also include:
• The estimated time of completion
9 freelancers are bidding on average $170 for this job
Hi, we are very [url removed, login to view] have gone through with the requirements you described in your detail. We can easily do it with our [url removed, login to view] will provide you regular updates during progress, if we get this.... And als Lisää
Hi! I have gone through your requirement and i am glad that i can accomplish this task, i would be more interested to speak to you on IM. Pls give us an opportunity to work with you.