The text description explains how the script should work so if anything is not clear let me know I will explain in more detail and support with more visuals.
Oscommerce add-on: Image Fetch
Code execution example for ‘Update all images’: (PLEASE REVIEW WHILE ATTACHED IMAGES OPEN)
1. Script scans local Oscommerce DB and looks for ‘Buy URL’
2. Script scans ‘Buy URL’ code and looks for the first specific phrase that I state (only the 1st is important)
3. The script scans for ‘&WaterMark=’ In the phrase that the script finds.
4. Script replaces next char after ‘&WaterMark=’ to ‘0’ (final result: ‘&WaterMark=0’). If no ‘&WaterMark=’ exists then add ‘&WaterMark=0’
5. Script loads URL
6. In new page code add ‘BaseUrl’ + ‘ImageFolder’ + images(‘image1’,image2,image3
so final path = [url removed, login to view]
WE DOWNLOAD ONLY FIRST IMAGE only 11-133-076-S01. Not S02, S03, etc…
7. Download image to local large products image path
8. Resize to 100 width(example) and constrain proportions(for length). Save to small products image path
9. Enter local large products image file path as ‘large image’ for product in DB
10. Enter local small products image file path as ‘small image’ for product in DB
11. Add ‘image last updated’ in DB
** Support for large image and small image should be implemented throughout the website. (i.e. [url removed, login to view] should display small image when reading product description and when the user clicks on ‘click to enlarge’ it shows the large image. When creating new product there should be fields for small and large images. etc.. **
Make sure you use [url removed, login to view] as an example DB. It contains real ‘Buy URL’ fields in it.