I'm looking to build a long-term business relationship with a few people who can help with doing "webmaster stuff."
SOME OF THE TASKS AND SKILLS INVOLVED:
- Installing and configuring blogs
- Setting up .html pages and entire websites
- Working with PHP (nothing too advanced - some mod rewrites, dynamic php dates, redirects, echo etc...)
- Modifying blog templates where needed (some more advanced understanding of php MAY be needed here)
- Working with tables as well as with table-less, div-based, CSS-enabled page templates
- Setting up accounts and pages on services like blogger, squidoo, EzineArticles etc
- Server admin: You need to be comfortable with .htaccess, cpanel, installing MySQL databases
- Script installation: The installations need to be "clean" and not "hacks" (hope this makes sense)
REQUIRED CHARACTER TRAITS:
- Should be HONEST
- Should be available, easy to reach and respond to emails very fast. I will also be needing a daily update of the tasks at the end of the day.
- Should have very good command of the English language.
- Should be detailed-oriented and be able to follow instructions "to the T" (VERY important). Case in point: Mention an animal name in your PM to me (like dog). Messages who ignore this, will be ignored.
- Should be able to address tiny issues that may arise once in a while without the need to email me about them all the time
- Should be able to do somewhat boring and time-consuming tasks
- Should be driven to evolve, develop and learn
- Should be RESULTS-oriented and not just try to "keep busy."
- Should be responsible and not come up with excuses all the time (THAT is very important).
- Should be proactive. Someone who says: "Ok, I'm done with the last project, what do you need me to do NEXT?"
- Should be "self-managed", have a sence of urgency and understand the importance of deadlines
- Should be able to FOCUS and NOT "multitask" or juggle 3-4 different projects at the same time
HOW WE WILL BE WORKING TOGETHER:
- I will be sending you an email with a task (or tasks) that need to be completed. You will tell me if you can do the task and when you think it can be completed by. If everything sounds ok, we work on the task.
- Payment can be sent immediately after the task is completed, weekly or even monthly (depending on the amount of trust that has been built, as well as the amount of work that needs to be done). I can be paying via GAF escrow or Paypal.
WHAT TO DO NOW:
- If you are interested, send me a PM and tell me why you think we could work together. Be as honest as possible. Tell me which of the things above you can do and which not. Do NOT post your CV in the open.
- Give me an hourly rate you can work for. I already work with a person who can do all the above and has all the above character traits. He works for $5 an hour. But sometimes he gets busy with other projects (that's why I'm looking to build a business relationship with even more "webmasters").
I'm told that I'm really easy to work with - although I do get demanding at times. When a job needs to be done, I need it done correctly. :-)
This could be a great opportunity for you to become even more "well-rounded", as well as gain knew knowledge and skills for online marketing, SEO etc...
Looking forward to hearing from you!