This is a preliminary request for quotations for installation, configuration and customization of OS Commerce. I am looking for developers who have demonstratable experience with OS Commerce and an understanding of Order Processing.
I have made a preliminary review of OS Commerce and I feel that it can be the basis for my company's needs. Other than normal Order Receipt and Procesing, my needs are:
1. The program will be accessed by various individuals within our company so it will be necessary to define functionaries and have the ability to assign rights and passwords.
2. The program will not be used in conjunction with a Payment Gateway and, therefore, email notification of Orders will be required. New Orders will be defaulted to "Pending" status.
3. After the customer's Credit Card is processed in an off-line environment, the Approval Number will be entered in to the program and the Order Status will be set to Approved.
4. Once the order is "Approved" a Packing Slip will be prepared and emailed to the Shipping Department. This is true for only those items which are identified as Inventory Items.
5. For non-Inventory Items, an Order Form will be prepared to the Manufacturer's specifications and emailed to the Manufacturer to action drop-shipping. Each Manufacturer will have a different Order Form.
6. After shipping has been completed, the carrier and waybill will be entered in to the program by the Shipping Department. On a per-product basis, information such as Serial Number and Installation Code will also be required entries. Individual Customer Orders may have multiple Carriers and Waybills depending upon the products ordered, their Inventory/non-Inventory Status and the Manufacturer's carrier of choice.
7. Entry of the Carrier and Waybill will cause an email to be sent to the customer advising of the products shipped, the carrier and the waybill. The customer will be directed back to the program to track shipments.
8. Integration with QuickBooks 2004 is a requirement. The program will have, as a default, the appropriate Accounts Receivable Account # stored. Each product will have the appropriate Income Account # stored. Both Customer and invoice records will be exported to QuickBooks.
9. Shipping charges are to be defined on a per-product basis and each product can have a range of choices. For example: a product may have choices for UPS Ground, UPS 2-Day, UPS Overnight, Canada Expedited each of these will have a defined price. Another product may have choices for FedEx Ground or FedEx Overnight.
10. There must be a simple way to define "Related Products" that can be suggested to the customer.
11. On a per-product basis, there must be a means to capture additional information. For example: If a Customer orders a Version Upgrade, they will be required to input their Serial #. If they order Additional Assistants, they will be required to input their Serial # and the current # of Assistants.
12. There must be a means to group product for pricing. For example: We sell Product A, B, C and D individually for $199.00. However, the customer can purchase any 2 for $299.00, any 3 for $399.00 or any 4 for $499.00
13. There needs to be a facility to send follow-up emails based upon product purchase.
14. I do not wish to have the customer "Sign Up" until the checkout process. At that point we will have their information and have them give us a password.
15. I need the Home Page to be a "grid" of Product Categories, not information about my company. This will be a Shopping Cart, not a storefront.
16. There needs to be a facility to import Orders from our present Order Entry System - to be defined.
I also need to have this hosted with SSL at a major (reliable) facility and I need all of that to be taken care of on my behalf.
I am sure that I have not defined everything but, please, only quote if you can meet my high standards. I do not want to hear that there is an add-on or there is not. If I have asked for something unique then it needs to be developed. I do not want you to ask my opinion about an add-on, I want you to know and understand it.
Thank you, in advance.
I realize that I categorized this incorrectly as a small project. Please ignore that since we will not establish a final price until the Spec's are finalized. Sorry