I basically need a script written which will allow to users to have a chat conversation on a page. ? It doesn't have to be live, so a refresh of the page is acceptable to see what the other user has posted. Ajax of course would be better if possible, but not required
This is basically how it should work.
1. User A lands a web site and is presented with with an empty field where they can enter the email address of User B. Another field where they enter the name of a "web page" - that will eventually be created by the system. User A must also enter their own email address. So that's 3 fields.
2. In the back-end the server will create and send an email message that includes a uniquely named web link. User A and User B will receive the same email.
3. When User B receives the email, they will click on the web link and be directed to a page that will be used for a "conversation" with User A.
4. Please see the attached presentation for an example of what the web page looks like. As you can see basic messages are posted back and forth. Something like Facebook messages. Nothing more.
5. User A and User B would navigate to this same web page and would be able to post thier own comments. No expectation that both Users are on the same page at the same time.
In its simplest notion the server is hosting a bullet-in-board but its just for 2 people.