I want you to make a CURL/CGI proxy based filtered realtime copy of a shopping site tiger direct dot com.. only for product catalog pages.
What it means..
- It means that you will make a dynamic realtime copy of the site by sending a curl/cgi proxy request to the website.
- You will filter the incoming data and remove unwanted content like header, footer, unwanted links, text and images.
- Then you will add header/footer and replacement text/links provided by us and show the page..
- Finally, what visitor will see is totally new website though 90% of the content, design, navigation (mainly the product catalog) will be same.
- Price will be filtered and replace by price calculated using our formula (say original price + 10%). Buy now/Add to cart links will be replaced by links to our own shopping card script.
You can use Perl or PHP and can use mysql to keep information and settings for data to be filtered..
Other then the alternate code snippets everything like images, js, css of the orignal site be used served via a proxy to hide original site url.
The final site served by your script should be fully operational eCommerce site and completely filter the references to the original site..