We have a simple shell script that runs once per day and performs 3 primary tasks:
1) Syncs a batch of files/folders from Amazon's S3 service to a local directory on the server
2) Encodes those files to a common format (WAV/FLAC -> MP3) and uploads to another server
3) Archives the original source files
This script, while functional, needs to be enhanced in several ways:
- The "efficiency" this script can be improved, avoiding unnecessary loops
- It must better handle exceptions and error reporting
- **Most importantly, it needs to be amended to handle directories and files (at present it can handle only files)
And that's pretty much it. If you are a Linux shell scripting expert or perl developer then this is a perfect project for you!
- Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
For you or your organization to be shortlisted for this project you must meet the following requirements:
- Must show and demonstrate relevant references to past work related to this project
- Code must be clean, efficient and WELL DOCUMENTED!
- Must have a Freelancer rating >=4.5
- Must be able to communicate freely in English
Thank you for considering our project. Happy bidding and good luck!
Hi, I got many years of experience with both Shell Script and Perl, and worked basically in automating tasks under Linux. Sent more details in PM. Thanks!
17 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 144 $ tähän työhön
Project is clear, and I meet your requirements. I won't spend too many words to introduce myself, as you can look at my CV. Just keep in mind that I am looking for perfect feedback, so I'll do my best for you.