We need to integrate a newsletter application that will enable Crazy Colour to keep in touch with our customers and users. phpList has been chosen as the suitable application for this. To ensure the database of email addresses and users is maintained and up-to-date we wish to integrate this application into our new website design, with all registrations going through Zen Cart. This will help us achieve our goals of a single set of login details for our customers.
Functionality (Scope) To Be Included
1. Seamless integration of registrations in Zen Cart to then offer subscriptions in phpList.
2. The opt-in for the newsletter must be incorporated into the Zen Cart registration process.
3. Same look as rest of website.
4. Documentation to any code changes will be required in the MODX format (documentation formatting for phpBB mods - references provided).
5. Users should still be able to maintain their own phpList preferences.
6. Customers should be given the option during registration of which interest areas to subscribe to.
7. A customer's email should only be editable in Zen Cart (not phpList) and the user should be directed to Zen Cart to do this.
8. Information available to phpList should be syncronised within as near to real time as possible.
9. All user attributes (e.g. name, country etc.) in Zen Cart should be available to phpList when composing newsletters.
10. PhpList functionality such as the blacklist should still work.
11. Bounced email management and corresponding removal from the newsletter should still function.
12. System performance during access to the database (i.e. of Zen Cart databases) should not compromise registration or use of the website.
13. All fields in Zen Cart should be available in phpList to be used as attributes in targetted mailings.
14. Unsubscribing should still work through phpList.
Minimal adjustments to phpList and Zen Cart code - making updates straightforward.