We are a web design firm with a VPS running WHM to manage client hosting. We do not have the inhouse expertise to manage this VPS at a high level.
We need an experienced, knowledgeable, reliable and responsive person to work with us to make sure we provide a high quality hosting service to our clients.
We envisage that this ongoing role managing our VPS will include the following tasks :
- ensure regular backups are done of all server files (in particular client files).
- run regular security audits on the VPS.
- locate and apply any security patches or fixes that are required
- troubleshoot any problems that arise
- optimise the VPS for speed - make recommendations to improve the service provided to our hosting clients (eg moving to an alternative server).
Please let us know what other tasks you think will be required to maintain our VPS to a high level.
We envisage that this job will involve a couple of hours of work per month. If you think it will take more, please let us know how much and why.
This job is for the first month. Assuming everything goes to plan in the first month, this job will be continued each month thereafter.
We look forward to a long and successful business relationship with the successful coder.
1) VPS server maintained to a high level, indicated by speed and reliability.
2) Response to any identified problems within 3 hours (during a work day, adjusted for the coder's time zone) and 10 hours outside the work day.