Plugin for Openfire, which blocks allmost all GroupChat messages.
* * *Openfire is a java open source chat and presence server. Group Chat is a chat method where people enter rooms in which they can talk to each other (aka IRC channel). A chat or presense message from one person in the room is propagated to all the people in the room.
* * *We need to block almost all the messages in such chat room. The only messages which are allowed to pass through are:
(1) messages which are sent from the room itself, which signal recipent's presence in the room (the presence of other members should be blocked)
(2) messages which are sent by a **Special room member**. **Special room member** is a person with the nickname which starts with the name of the room.
(3) messages which are to be received by the **Special room member**.
The expected results are:
1.) The java code of Openfire plugin which can be compiled into jar file
2.) The jar file which can be installed through Openfire plugin interface
Functionality Acceptance Test:
1.) Install the plugin into the latest version of Openfire server through GUI.
2.) Connect to Openfire via Spark client. Enter new group chat room with the name <name1> using the nickname <name1>_<name2>. This is the **Special room member**.
3.) Start another instance of Spark, Enter the group chat room <name1> using the nickname <name3>_<name4>.
4.) Start third instance of Spark, Enter the group chat room <name1> using the nickname <name5>_<name6>.
5.) Client from point 2 (**Special room member**), now sees three people in the room. A new chat message from this client is seen by all other clients.
6.) Clients from points 3 and 4 see only two people in the room. A new chat message from these two clients is not seen by these 2 clients. It is only seen from the clinet in point 2 (**Special room member**).
Code Acceptance Test:
1.) Code is in english
2.) There exists a simple procedure of compilation which can be used to compile it into jar or war, which can be installed by Openfire.
3.) Code can be based on open source (extension of existing Openfire plugins like this one: [PacketFilter])