I have a fully built Magento E-commerce site that was backed up using Direct Admin (files and the database). This site used a different domain name and different host provider than what I have now. I now use the site for demo purposes only on this new hosting provider. It is Magento 1.1 using the old MyISAM database type. I am on a shared server. Originally, on the older hosting provider I had the site at root level. Now, since I'm just using the site as a demo, it's not on the root, rather in a path.
Here is what I have done so far and the error I'm getting:
1)I installed a fresh version of the old Magneto 1.1 version. (without doing the install)
2)I removed the old [url removed, login to view] file under APP/etc/[url removed, login to view]
3)I deleted the old contents in the VAR cache folders.
4)The database was really large (56 mb). Since I don't know how to use SHH (which my current hosting does allow temporarily) I had to use a program called SQLDumpSplitter. This made a bunch of .sql files that allowed to upload one by one using a program called BigDump...instead of myphpadmin.
5) After this, I went into myphpadmin and ran this sql query:
SELECT * FROM core_config_data WHERE path = 'web/unsecure/base_url' OR path = 'web/secure/base_url';
this allows me to change the web/unsecure/base_url and web/secure/base_url Value to the new domain name path.
6)Then I moved over all the custom files and folders such as product pictures, templates, skins, images and modules and the Media folder, etc.
7)Just so I would run into trouble I made the entire ecommerce site chmod 777
8)I cleaned my entire computers cache. Then ran the install. It got hung up at the database part.
Now when I go to the website, instead of the install process, I get this error:
Notice: Undefined index: 0 in /home/mc77/domains/(MY WEBSITE)/public_html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/[url removed, login to view] on line 86
I was told to try this:
Check to see what values the default admin store had in the following tables:
The values should be 0 , if not change them to 0.
I think I tried this without any luck but I'm not sure if I did it right.
This is probably a very easy and simple fix for someone who knows what they're doing. I'm sure I'll get bids under $30 since it's something that will take 5 minutes. Also, when it is fixed I would like some detailed instruction how it was fixed so I can do it one day if I change hosting providers again.
Thanks so much!