I need to integrate joomla with a 3rd party application. For this I need the following:
Framework: joomla 1.5.9 with Community Builder 1.2
1. A user wants to switch to the 3rd party application and clicks the link in the joomla menu.
2. Now it must be determined if the user is already logged in.
3. In case the user is not logged in, a stylish form must pop up (dhtml) where the user can either enter login details as guest or user access and get proceeded the 3rd party application.
4. In case the user is already logged in, the user gets proceeded to the 3rd party application immediately.
5. The 3rd party application provides a php config file which sets some necessary variables for this application. The config file should be adjusted, so that it can connect to the joomla database and read out some values from users and adjust the variables in the config file based on those values. So the application can use some of the datas that are stored in the joomla database (e.g. username etc.)