Build a Content Filter utilizing DansGuardian, Squid, ClamAV and Webmin on a dedicated Ubuntu Server that will support Windows and MAC Clients without the ability to bypass the filter using Transparent Proxy.
The Content Filter will be used within a Grade School Environment and should be configured accordingly. The Server will have Ubuntu Server 9.10 and Webmin for managing the Content Server behind a separate firewall appliance.
I'm very technical and comfortable with Linux, which should make me easy to work with when testing.
I require the following:
1. All conf files for all applications necessary for the Content Filter Server.
2. All conf files to be documented with comments on the prior line of code that is changed from the application's default setting.
3. The necessary simple documented steps to manage and maintain the Content Filter server including adding/removing users as needed.
4. The necessary simple steps to building a new Content Filter Server for recovery purposes.
5. Configuration must support both MS Windows and MAC Clients.
6. There should not be any means of bypassing the Content Filter.
7. Enabling Authentication is not necessary but should be documented for when/if we need would ever enable this feature.
8. All features filter options of DansGuardian should be enable and manageable.
9. Squid should be functional as a Transparent Proxy without any additional changes to the client configurations.
10. ClamAV should be configured to filter traffic from any threats.
All documentation noted in the requirements above can be a very short and simple list.
This is my very first at building and managing a Content Filter Server so any suggestions to help with this school project are welcome.