I already have a core change that adds Volume (CBM) to Virtuemart. The last VM upgrade overwrote the modified files. The project is two-fold:
FOR NOW: I have a change log with code for the change. I entered the code as instructed, but a few of the line numbers are now different due to modified files. I have most of the functions working - but for volume in cart and orders. I need you to review the change log and figure out what needs to change and make those changes. I need this done asap as this is a live site.
FOR THE FUTURE:
The core change is not ideal precisely because of the risk of overwriting the code. I would like an extension (or plugin?) that does the same as the core change - but remains safe and functional after upgrades.
This is the scope:
1. Adds a Volume field to Administrator/Virtuemart/Product/Product Dimensions and Weight
2. Adds a Volume field to Administrator/Virtuemart/Product/Custom Fields
- Takes that value and displays it in Product Details
- Takes that value and displays it in Cart
- Takes that value and displays it in Invoice
- Takes that value and displays it in Administrator/Virtuemart/Orders
- Takes that value and totals it with all Volume values in Volume Total in Cart
- Takes that value and totals it with all Volume values in Volume Total in Invoice
Layout and fields exist in cart, product details, and emails.
!! PLEASE READ !!
The scope has changed. It seems that a complete plugin is not possible for this project - and would be as convoluted as the manual core changes.
- Take existing change log and use them to finish adding Volume to orders in administrator and to emailed invoices. I have already gotten front end volume additions working.
- Provide a quote to implement these change in perpetuity as VM upgrades. I will schedule any upgrade with you prior to performing it so that the down time for volume is minimized.