What is needed is an uploading form script that resizes and renames images.
This will be used inside a Joomla Website to assist with the uploading of images, the resizing must be to a set size as well as generation of thumbnails and renaming them all in the same process and saved to a directory that MUST be defined at the beginning of the process. This is the process required.
The server is Linux, latest v5 PHP.
1. Uploader called in Joomla if possible, displayed as a form? It could be inserted into a custom module then.
2. User specifies the directory i.e xxxx and a directory is created in a specified location /images/stories/catalog/xxxx.
3. User selects multiple images from their desktop (between 1 and 5)
4. Files are uploaded to server, to a temp folder is OK
5. Files are then processed (GD is installed on the server)
5a) Resized to a defined standard size then named sequentially as [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] etc
5b) Thumnbnails are also generated from the original files, named sequentially [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] etc
5c) Process ends with these files being saved in the directory specified /images/stories/catalog/xxxx