Development of a consumer-focused web portal that allows the user to search available promotional coupons and additional company/advertiser information. This will be a value-added service for those placing ads in the physical publications we produce.
Back-end administration would be done by basic data-entry type operators and require the use of a content management tool of some type. Additional features such as “Watch” list functionality enabling coupons to be automatically emailed to subscribers are of interest but would not be required in the initial development. Features are broken into Phase I / II and quotes should only include Phase I.
Initially the number of advertisers would be approximately 400-500 but we would prefer a scalable solution that would allow for future growth as our market expand. Site traffic would likely build over time with a reasonable estimate of unique visitors of 30-50,000 per month. Based on this traffic level and the desire to grow, it might be practical to start with a shared server and maintain the ability to grow and migrate to a dedicated and/or managed server situation.
To keep costs down we would prefer to have the site developed around a standard content management system and/or open source platforms such as Joomla. However we are open to any options that deliver a solid application to build on and ease of general maintenance. A more detailed project outline would be provided once general estimates are reviewed for cost effectiveness.
Phase I Development
Online Coupon Site:
• Database driven in order to support dynamic content and advanced features in Phase II+
• Coupon records include: Category / Business Name / Publication Zone / City
• Distance from zip code capability when searching for coupons
• Coupon format: Text with optional images an/or logo
• Company profile page: General information on the company presenting the coupon, additional pictures and the ability to load additional content pages (such as a menu page for restaurants). Other content would include Google map, links to web site, general contact information and any current coupons related to the company would also be reflected.
• Search function: The general search feature would allow for searches by; A) Specific business name, B) Categories of business within a radius of a know zip code, C) Coupons within a certain “Footprint” which is designated by the physical publication’s distribution area
• Back-end site administration (capable of being performed by data-entry operators without design skills)
• Additional content management modules: Banner ad rotation, polls & surveys, display ad management, “Enter to Win” form and data storage for prizes related to the publication’s monthly drawing for gift certificates. Basic article and editorial management.
Phase II Development
• Enable subscribers – subscribers would create a profile along with a user name and password
• “Watch List” – subscribers would be allowed to select companies or categories to “watch for” and receive an email when new coupons were published.
• RSS feed subscription would also be of interest
• Coupon Basket -The ability to add coupons to a shopping basket like feature that would enable printing the full selection all at once.