I have a wordpess theme installed on my site that has some functionality that does not work. Unfortunately, my entire website is based on this theme and I have already done a lot of custom work on this theme in the past. No I did not break it. :-) Well, not all of it. :-) I tried switching over to the original framework theme that I based my work on, and the same functionality is broken on the original theme too. You will have access to this original framework for reference. In addition to these problems that I need corrected, I also need some additional functionality added that I myself now do not have time to add as I am busy with other projects.
This is a big project. You must be a wordpress theme expert to complete this job. It requires research, bug squashing and a good knowledge of everything wordpress. You will have direct access to the server to work on this project. I think I covered all of the work I need completed below, yet for some reason if I forgot some other misc issues, you will be compensated for those too.
You will have to PM me to get my website address so you can get a better idea on what I'm talking about below.
Here is what is broken:
1. Search does not work.
2. Widgets in left column do not incorporate our website style.
3. No "Next" link on bottom of home page for past posts.
4. No "Previous" or "Next" links on category pages, and/or they don't work.
5. Broken tag cloud. When I click on a tag, no posts are displayed with that corresponding tag.
6. Unable to get our custom "google maps" function to execute properly. It works, but just not on this theme.
7. Funny issue with custom fields within the admin interface that needs to be corrected.
Additional functionality and work needed:
1. Upgrade our wordpress installation to version 3 hopefully without breaking anything. If things break, fix them.
2. Add a generic submit form for our users. This form submits information about other companies that we can add to our directory. The data must be captured within the admin area so we can easily manipulate it. If there is a plugin that already does what I need done, you can just install that. I don't need custom code. I just don't have time to find and install a solution.
3. Add a generic "contact us" submit form for our users. Again, you can use an already made plugin solution.
4. Add functionality so that all of our links to external sites automatically use some type of link redirect script. Hopefully without us manually adjusting our existing links. I'm guessing there is a ready made solution for this. In addition we need all nofollow links.
5. Add "A to Z" links for companies within our directory to the bottom of front page. I think there is a ready made plugin solution for this already too. Find it, and use it.
7. Install a sitemap generator plugin like: [url removed, login to view]
8. Above I mentioned a broken tag cloud. I want the ability to have tags automatically generated for existing posts. There are plugins that create tags automatically when you make a post manually. Unfortunately the majority of our new posts are imported, therefore these plugins do not work for us. Therefore, we need an automatic tag solution. Something that works with our import functionality, or something that we can run on existing posts after they have already been added. I'm assuming a solution already exists, research and install a solution.
I am a very experienced project manager that is very easy to work with. This is a big job with a lot of problems and solutions needed, and a lot of unknowns. This work could take a few days, or a few weeks. Who knows… You are the wordpress expert, you tell me. :-) I need a programmer that is willing to stick it out to the end to get all this work completed so I have a final solution in place. Please bid accordingly. I can't risk lost time if you choose to quit mid-stream. If an entire project bid is too difficult maybe we can work something else out. An hourly rate or something….
Feel free to PM me for the website url, and also for any other questions you may have.