The tasks it has to do are:
When the post is published/viewed it should recognize the marked words and
1) When the mouse pointer is over such a word, a hint should appear. This hint should show information, extracted from a given fields from a table in database on the same server where the blog is running.
NOTE: if the developer can make extraction from other random websites (simulating a user, who is searching there manually),
we may agree some additional payment for such feature.
2) The hint and the maked wods should represent a link when viewed, so that when the user click on them, a new browser window, displaying
the content of this link should appear. The link will consist of a constant address + the corresponding word marked.
- the standart install/deinstall functionality of the Wordpress plugins
- button "Dictionary" in the Editor window of wordpress
- possibility selected words to be marked by the person, who is writing the post in the editor window, using tags (in the same standartised way as other formating is done in the wordpress posts);
- a possibility (for example using a configuration file) to configure the proper name of the database/table/field where information is exctacted from, also to configure the constant part of the link address;
If the developer can makes it possible these parameters to be confired using the administartor panel of wordpress,
we may agree additional payment of this functionality only, however, this functionality is optional.
- the developer has to work and demonstrate the result of his work on his own testing blog with the newest Wordpress version, installed on his own hosting;
- Payment: using PayPal or Moneybookers, once after the work is accepted by me as finished and the developer send to the installation files, and full source code as well.
- There is no strict deadline. The most important is the quality and the affordable price.
- If I am statisfied of the final result, I will use the services of the same developer for a number of other small projects in the future.
Here is additional idea that probably could simplify the task definition:
I can place a php script on the server, where is kept the database mentioned. When the mouse pointer is over a "marked" word/text in the blog post, a plugin function should "take" this word/text, should call the php script (that can be placed on a different server) passing to it this text, and the php script should return the text to be shown in the hint on the blog post. The developer should provide a skeleton of this php script. Thus no need for the developer to think on database connection and how to be configured these parameters, and also this plug-in will can be used by any wordpress blog.