I am currently using the WP-Email WordPress plugin (created by Lester Chan) to push blog content to prospects. Essentially it is a "tell-a-friend" type script that allows you to send any post or page by email.
You can find this plugin here:
[url removed, login to view]
After a post/page has been emailed, the plugin stores the data of the event in (what I believe is) the main WP MySQL database.
I would like the following modifications made to this script:
1) Ability to send a page/post to the entire list of email addresses stored in the system, using "First Name" so each recipient receives the message as if it were sent to them as a "one off" message, just as the system currently functions now.
2) Ability to spread sending of the messages over a predetermined time frame, in numbered groups as determined by admin.
3) Ability to easily export collected data as CSV/XLS files
4) Ability to easily import CSV/XLS files and store lists separately for mailing posts/pages as a unique campaign.
5) Script able to determine that WP admin is logged in to allow admin only features to be accessible from form's existing "front door"
I am not sure what the specific languages required will be to pull this off, but I assume it should involve straight PHP/AJAX and a cron-job of some sort. PS - I contacted Lester Chan to have him do the mods himself (since it's his creation anyway) but he's too busy with schooling, so if anyone can help pull this off, that would be great.
Thanks for bidding!